Home | About | Donate

1,000 First Responders Urge Congress to Restore Net Neutrality After Verizon Throttles California Firefighters During Wildfires

1,000 First Responders Urge Congress to Restore Net Neutrality After Verizon Throttles California Firefighters During Wildfires

Julia Conley, staff writer

More than 1,000 first responders from across the country threw their support behind net neutrality protections on Tuesday, with a letter demanding that lawmakers in Congress pass the Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution to reverse the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)'s repeal of net neutrality.

When it comes to fire at your homes Congress critters the fire folks will stand back and watch because they just did not get that throttled call.

First responders held the only cards that could have thwarted Congress’ failing to renew the assault weapons ban during the Dubya Regime. Had first responders gone on strike until Congress acted, they would have had Congress by the gonads and the ban would have been extended.

First responders now hold the only cards that can make Congress act to restore net neutrality and they need to go on strike until net neutrality is restored. In addition to demanding net neutrality first responders also need to demand that FCC Chairman A S___t Pie be fired.

Yes, I know that most first responders have clauses in their contracts that prohibit striking. If enough of them strike, however, the stinkin clause won’t be worth the paper its written on.

I noticed the word “unconscionable”. I would think it’s kinda difficult for a non-existent person to have a conscience. If something doesn’t exist, then it can’t think. If it can’t think, then it can’t act. Yet this non-existent person acts. What is also noticable is that to be a citizen of our country, one does not have to exist, except on paper. And that is the point to all this. A piece of paper is more powerful than the voice of an actual person. That is the court ruling. It has nothing to do with Democracy, if we agree that Democracy exists, because voices are what creates the Democratic process.

Funny thing… I spent a sizeable chunk of today on Townhall and the Cato Institute and aside from feeling filthy, I never saw this article mentioned anywhere on those two websites.

Isn’t this an example of exactly what to expect as a result of what Agit Pai and his repub colleagues at the FCC did. So sick of corporate decisions that put profit over people’s safety.

How much money will the insurance industry payout all because an entire fire department NEVER got the call? They should be fighting this WITH us.