Home | About | Donate

10 Reasons Why Defunding Police Should Lead to Defunding War

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/14/10-reasons-why-defunding-police-should-lead-defunding-war

2 Likes

Number one cause of violence throughout the ages: inequities in wealth.

3 Likes

And what an entirely different country (and world) it would be.

1 Like

“When the Pentagon ended up in the 1990s with weapons of war it no longer needed, it created the “1033 Program” to distribute armored personnel carriers, submachine guns, and even grenade launchers to police departments.”

Good article Medea, but like predicted after the SHOCKING, AWFUL LYING AND ILLEGAL ATTACK ON IRAQ; in which millions of us protested alas, to no avail! Since our governments foreign policies are fascist, it will just be a matter of time before our governments domestic policies will have no other choice but to be overtly fascist. Looks like the fascists are getting prepared for that now.

1 Like

So who is/are the real progressive(s)? Barbra Lee with her 40% military budget reduction proposal, or Bernie Sanders and the other “progressives” with their 10% reduction bill?
Knowing that every budget bill gets negotiated in congress, and has the chance to be reduced from the original numbers, I know who is serious, and who is not with this possible legislation.

Bernie in my view, has been the consummate, progressive, con,man. I said in 2016 Bernie was being disingenuous by taking contributions from many, many well meaning Progressives when his talk about revolution was total BS. Bernie, like any used car salesman told Progressives what they wanted to hear in order to obtain millions of $$$$$$$ in campaign funds…Bernie has never been serious!!

1 Like

Medea and Zoltan,

Thank you both for this “Top Ten” list. I would like to add that defunding the police would also result in less crime, just as defunding the military would result in less war.

2 Likes