Home | About | Donate

10 Ways Andrew Wheeler Has Decimated EPA Protections in Just One Year

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/17/10-ways-andrew-wheeler-has-decimated-epa-protections-just-one-year

1 Like

As an Eagle Scout and an environmental professional I must express my sincere disgust at Mr. Andrew Wheeler’s whorishness where he walks the street of Polluters’ Place. Karma, please take care of this scum.

3 Likes

Contact your congress critter, provide a link to the Union of Concerned Scientists Report page and ask you reps to explain to you precisely what they are going to do insure that science is not bought out, sidelined and distorted anymore.

Here is a link to the Congress contact page where you can find your reps and the members on the Appropriations, Commerce, Science, and Transportation, Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee

AND / OR

Use the UCS contact page

1 Like

Yes sir, pray to the Wizard of Oz, to drop a house on him.

2 Likes

Currently reading Ellen Brown’s Web of Debt, wherein she continually references Frank Baum’s masterpiece. If you haven’t read it already, I wholeheartedly recommend it, my friend.

2 Likes

Thanks WiseOne. I’ll check it out at the library.

If we lose environmental balance we lose everything - except the mad, mad world of the right-wing that apparently believe that “freedom” means destroying everything around us to make profits that will wind-up in the hands of a very few as the rest of us pay the fracking price!

Its really too bad we don’t have a robust opposition party of concerned politicians interested in other than their own self-interest and campaign-contribution bribes that apparently silence whatever is left of their very dysfunctional moral compass. The Clinton’s and Obama camps immediately leap to mind as does the Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo sycophants for business as usual - see Cuomos $7.6 Billion bailout of three decrepit nuke plants to benefit Excelon and screw ratepayers! “Clean energy” Andy? I don’t freakin think so! Try corruption!

Now the Scots have experienced the orange twit and his pathological behaviors and lies, like “rolling-back” everything in fuckin sight, but they have a sense of unity and humor that we could emulate in our struggle against the orange jobby and his minions!

That well-developed sense of humor coupled with strong political action to protect (mostly) their country, is something we sorely need - of course there seem to be far less flaming ass-holes and malignant nutters there…

1 Like

All of this seems to come from the complete disconnect between the living conditions of the poor and the rich. Perhaps it would be helpful to relocate the EPA headquarters between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, LA. alongside the Mississippi River. The area commonly known as “Cancer Ally”, because of so many petrochemical and chemical plants in the area and extremely high rates of cancer. Force this fool to breath the air and drink the water from this polluted hell hole. Watch how fast these regulations would be reinstated.

1 Like

We were warned - nevertheless, Congress and the Courts allow this to take place.
“The third, broadly, line of work is deconstruction of the administrative state. … If you look at these cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can’t get it passed, they’re just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency. That’s all going to be deconstructed and I think that that’s why this regulatory thing is so important.”
-Stephen Bannon at the CPAC convention, February 2017

Perhaps if both parties’ candidates were not required to raise absurdly high amounts of money, we might see a glimpse of sanity. Then again, we appear to have a notable addiction to insanity.

1 Like

Exactly so chapdrum. Insanity or intentional corruption/manipulation of our political processes to serve absurdly vast wealth?

That prerequisite of great wealth/expenditures to run for office was intentionally manufactured, and obscenely expanded, I believe - wealth sanctioned by the scotus as “free speech” along with “corporations are people” - as pure as Mother’s Milk.

Create a “system” that demands “absurdly high amounts” to run a campaign - to get some “message” out to voters on media/airwaves that once belonged to the people but were given away by Congress to private enterprise, and bought-up by wealthy controlling interests. They now charge the people/nation for the privilege of the voters hearing candidates words, lies, and damn lies - if one does not raise great sums, one cannot get any “message” out - or be allowed to participate in some manipulated “debate” charade - to get any exposure - without which voters do not know what one claims to stand for and their voices are silenced, with “front-runners” can be created from balderdash and BS vomited forth by the nightly pretty-faces of the talking head parrots…

Senator Jay Bulworth laid it out very succinctly; “the corporations got the networks and they get to say who gets to talk about the country and who’s crazy today. How come they got the airwaves? They’re the peoples aren’t they? Wouldn’t they be worth 70 billion to the public today? If some money-grubbin Congress didn’t give them away for big campaign money? It’s hopeless you see/ If you’re runnin for office with out no TV/If you don’t get big money/ You get a defeat/ Corporations and broadcasters make you dead meat/ You been taught in this country there’s speech that is free/ But free don’t get you no spots on TV/If you want to have senators not on the take/ Then give them free air time/ They won’t have to fake”

1 Like

photo caption:

Though orally handicapped due to his gurgling saliva ejector suction tube following fang removal surgery, EPA administrator Wheeler soldiered through a congressional hearing by making a calm yet stalwart face.

1 Like

Hollywood’s shift to the ruby slippers from the original silver is apparently a story in itself…

2 Likes

That Bulworth quote is spot on - and still entirely applicable, over 20 years later.

2 Likes