Home | About | Donate

100+ Public Health and Justice Leaders Call on Biden to Reject 'Global Vaccine Apartheid,' Ensure Doses 'Free and Available to All'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/25/100-public-health-and-justice-leaders-call-biden-reject-global-vaccine-apartheid

1 Like

Spot on. This is a grand opportunity to get back into the world community in a meaningful way. It is also the right thing to do. Find a way to fairly compensate the corporations that cooperate, but first things first fill the globe with the billions of vaccines* necessary to stop SARS-Cov-2 from spreading further. It’s a moral mandate.

*The vaccines don’t all have to be produced here, a major issue is intellectual property rights, i.e. patents, under international law.

2 Likes

“… the world’s 20 largest economies [pledged]at the G20 summit to ensure equitable distribution of coronavirus vaccine doses, but did not specify how it would plug a $4.5 billion funding shortfall.”

That’s easy. $4.5 billion is about a third of the next unnecessary, overpriced aircraft carrier. The US could show its magnanimity by funding it from the Pentagon budget; and calming the hawks by saying it is a matter of national security.

3 Likes

Jim Clyburn is a walking pharmaceutical company.

Here’s another tidbit they aren’t talking about

Doctors urge CDC to admit side effects from COVID vaccine won’t be ‘a walk in the park’
(snip)
“We really need to make patients aware that this is not going to be a walk in the park,” Dr. Sandra Fryhofer of the American Medical Association told CNBC. “They are going to know they had a vaccine. They are probably not going to feel wonderful. But they’ve got to come back for that second dose.”
~https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/doctors-urge-cdc-to-admit-side-effects-from-vaccine-wont-be-a-walk-in-the-park/

1 Like

FREE?? Where’s the profit in that?

…next question please.

This all sounds good, but I hope “calling on Biden” isn’t the only way forward on this global issue. It’s odd that from reading this article one would think that the only source of a vaccine for Covid-19 would necessarily be from US corporations. China, Russia, Cuba and presumably other countries all have trials underway, some which are well advanced. You don’t read about them very often anywhere else either.
Maybe the best thing to call on Biden to do would be to not get in the way.

I read a story about a week ago, that stated there were very few, if any, elderly used in the trials for the virus vaccine. If true, we have know idea what the side effects will be for them, I’m betting not very good.

1 Like

And what about other conditions: heart patients, cancer patients, other preexisting conditions etc ?

This is, in a very real sense, experimenting on the entire population. There was a book a few decades ago by Marshall Shapio (?) A Nation of Guinea Pigs

1 Like

There may be a misunderstanding about some of these miracle cures.
They are to mitigate the effects not prevent the disease. A deep dive shows
the side effects for those in trials that got the real stuff may have the same
symptoms as those that were exposed in the placebo group. Snooty nose,
sore throat, headache, mild fever and cough. There are millions on the verge
of being the stage three monkeys. The old and otherwise vulnerable will
continue to die at the same rate. Those over eighty account for 50% of
the deaths. The vaxx will not stop the spread, instead worsen it, because the
vaxxed will still be infected and … to grandma’s house we go.

1 Like

According to this article adults up to the age of 85 were included in the pfizer trials:

~https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/10/6-key-questions-about-the-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

Thanks for the link. Without the hard data, there are still too many unanswered questions for me to consider this vaccine. The answers in the article to two questions don’t look promising for the elderly, “Does the vaccine work with older people and children?” and,
“Why doesn’t it work for 10% of people?” and,

“It’s not clear yet whether or not the vaccine could protect against coronavirus infection or simply against developing symptoms once you are infected.”
This is a pretty big deal, and if it’s the latter, I would not call it a vaccine, but a medication to relieve symptoms.
I think I’ll pass until much more data is presented, and it’s determined if it’s really a “vaccine”.

1 Like

There had better be another guarantee with these experimental vaccines, and that is to not make them mandatory! I refuse to trust our insane pharmaceutical industry, that kills over a hundred thousand people a year with hideous side effects alone, to create a substance I’m willing to inject into my healthy body. Ain’t gonna happen. The medical industry itself is the third largest killer in America! Its job is to promote illness for profit, not health. There’s no money in real health, so they stay as far away from it as possible.

Hi dopfa:
And I read that a drug called Vivoxx or Vyoxx killed people for 7 years before it was pulled from the market.
But we live in a meaner word, as I also read that Dr. Jonas Salk said it was to be GIVEN to the world becasue it was so important. Hmmm, maybe America really was great—once long ago.

Everything about it puts me off: from the speed of development;
mRNA; chimpanzee cold virus to parts of shark livers.

1 Like