Home | About | Donate

13-Year-Old US Activist Hailed as Glorious 'Threat' to Those Driving Planetary Disaster With Climate Denialism

13-Year-Old US Activist Hailed as Glorious 'Threat' to Those Driving Planetary Disaster With Climate Denialism

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

She's just 13 years old, but she's "a threat."

That's climate activist Alexandria Villaseñor, who explained in an interview Friday morning, "My generation is going to have to live in a climate-changed world, and the fact that nothing was done in order to make sure that we don't live in planetary catastrophe—it's very disappointing and it's upsetting."

1 Like

Wow, a 13 year old with more intellect than 95 to 97% of the voting electorate.

1 Like

This makes me so very happy…a while back I asked if we couldn’t clone Greta or hoping that one of our own would show up and now her she is and it is wonderfulness indeed.

I do have a problem with the Ides of March though. They have never been kind to me personally, maybe this will change that?

Hi Pony Boy and don’t forget she has more sense than most of Congress too.: And she’s another Alexandria-------- there is magic in some names.: )

1 Like

Alexandria is a beautiful name.

So is Stardust.

1 Like

HI Ditton, I was just reading about Rome and I read something that was new to me and maybe new to you. The Kalends , the Nons , and the Ides were all part of Rome and its calendars . The Ides is tied to the calendar with the first full moon and can be the 13-, 14th or 15th---- of March. And supposedly Julius Caesar changed the first of the year to January because of Janus and his being the doorway god looking to the past and the future at the same time. So that’s why a new year starts in the winter instead of in the spring So----look to the moon next March-----and maybe now that we see more wiggle room-----the moon could give you a better day and night! : )

1 Like

Wow! I thought all that was ancient history!

Really it is not the lack of common sense that drives denial and lack of action by congress (although denial is rift with it) it is simple greed. Asshats willing to sacrifice their children for a few crumbs from the energy companies and super rich ass holes. Those deniers in congress are terrorists and traitors to our country and should be treated as such.

1 Like

You are correct, I didn’t know this. Thanks, maybe my tide will shift a bit from a King tide :-)))

HI Ditton, I just learned it too : )

1 Like

LOL economagic------: ) well it is ancient history----and sometimes even ancient ideas are right. It’s amazing how so many laughed at everything that Herodotus said, but all these thousands of years later, he actually was right about lots of things…o.k. the flying snakes from Arabia was off,( although figuratively, it works) but the stories of the Scythians were on target. : )

1 Like

They have to reach their 20’s or 30’s before we can see if money overrules commonsense and morality with them. Until then they need the public’s support.

Wow–Herodotus! I have one volume, “The Histories,” a thrift store paperback in a tiny font with nine chapters (likely abridged). I hope I will get around to reading at least part of it someday, but I will probably have to find an edition with larger type!

Hi Roamer: sigh—I agree with that—The King Midas story, as ancient as it is, is so often forgotten, as money is an opioid unto itself. Sadly, that "magic touch, " can be a killer. It does seem that swearing an oath to support one’s nation is often so easily turned into a trade of money for ethics. : (

1 Like

HI economic; Maybe Herodotus in on Gutenberg-----I’ve found lots of books there, and it’s free to read! : )

Those in favor of common sense need to outbid the greedy capitalist fossil fuel firm. It will take quite a bit of money, but still less than risking losing the inhabitable world.