Home | About | Donate

16 Years After US Invaded Iraq, Anti-War Groups Demand No Regime Change in Venezuela

16 Years After US Invaded Iraq, Anti-War Groups Demand No Regime Change in Venezuela

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Anti-war voices are marking the 16th anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq with a demand the U.S. government not take a page out of the same playbook and unleash similar catastrophe and carnage in Venezuela.

1 Like

Codepink sez:

“We have seen, and are seeing now at the U.S.-Mexico border, the effects of past U.S. backed coups in Latin America—Guatemala in 1953, Chile in 1973, Honduras in 2009. It always turns out disastrous for the people.”

I doubt that average USans know that much history. Who’s to tell them?

4 Likes

Code Pink is just flat-out good people, so far as I can tell. I’d like to know if any presidential candidate would stand with Medea Benjamin (or vice versa) - long enough, say, for there to be photographic evidence?

3 Likes

Michael Tracey is on a roll today on Twitter:

1 Like

Jill Stein’s been vocal about Venezuela lately too:

6 Likes

Here you go:

4 Likes

What did I learn in school ? That I had been lied to!

2 Likes

I love Dr. Jill Stein. Maybe it is a good thing she has no chance to become POTUS, because I would hate to see anything happen to her.

3 Likes

MSM/CIA/MIC, To the American people. Eff you, we will appropriate your taxes and piss it away on wars of choice any time we want. Oh,we will provide some bs pretext for the boobs among you. God bless America and we thank you for your service.

1 Like

Bloody murderers. Oil Nazis. CIA heroin pushers. We burn defenseless peasants alive with gasoline from planes they can’t see and they are the terrorists. Did YOU see them burn the poppies? DO YOU think the CIA wants hectares of burned fields or the most expensive heroin on Earth? The CIA and our Army train the extremists our soldiers die fighting and it is so evil it is hard to define much less comprehend and it is real. Our secret government is demonic, a world bank bag-boy. We should change.

1 Like

Hmm, with only a total 10 responses here today when I typed this, (Mar 24), quite obviously not many Americans care much about what the Trump gang is attempting in Venezuela. Not surprising, however - the poverty, homelessness and societal breakdown across USA is enough to keep most people distracted about US foreign adventures.

1 Like

Who said “Impeachment is off the table” for Bush and regarding tRump’s impeachment, “It’s just not worth it”?

I see corruption in most establishment politicians. The DNC and RNC don’t work for the public, they work for the money and power. Corruption is inherent to money and power.

Never vote for a rich person; it changes their brain and corrupts their morals.

1 Like

It has become almost axiomatic that a Republican administration will search for an excuse to find a war ever since the Democrats taught them that even a semi popular war effort will get them votes and the MIC will give them money. Democrats seem to be more reluctant to trade American lives and international approval for campaign contributions. The Monroe Doctrine is only effective when The United States recognizes that America is two continents and we are not the supreme ruler.