Home | About | Donate

200+ Scientists Want Trump-Backer and Climate Denial Funder Rebekah Mercer Kicked Off Natural History Museum Board

200+ Scientists Want Trump-Backer and Climate Denial Funder Rebekah Mercer Kicked Off Natural History Museum Board

Julia Conley, staff writer

More than 200 scientists have called on the American Museum of Natural History to cut ties with board member Rebekah Mercer, the billionaire backer of President Donald Trump who has also funded "climate denial" groups in order to protect the fossil fuel industry's pollution-causing extraction of oil and gas.

Well, I was planning to visit them in April but I will spend my few dollars elsewhere and will write the museum with my protest and will let others know. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has the Kock brothers on board and big donors–those fancy fountains in front bear their names. When I visited I let my friend and the staff there know that these fossils still causing untold mischief should pay the budget for the museum. If you must visit they only require a donation so make sure you donate no more than a penny and register your protest.

Contact info.: