As usual, the INTENT shown in the above quote is to take what is done through policies run by, for, and through dominators and dominant interests and make it seem that a majority of citizens want that.
A compliant population is one that is:
- Job insecure (check)
- Lied to 24/7 through the most sophisticated MSM propagandistic apparatus in the history of the world
- Told by respected religious leaders that today’s wars are indications of “god’s will”
- Seldom to never hears any respectable peace-advocate interviewed on mainstream TV or radio
- Is conditioned by an Omni-present sports nexus to view war as an extension of inflamed team combat/competition
- Has a military industrial complex “sewn” into each state’s “job infrastructure”
- Hears major politicians conflating those who questions State Policy (and so-called National Defense) as being labeled by turns, traitors, conspiracy-theorists, narcissists, losers, etc.
IF the playing field were open, honest, and fair… as opposed to resembling a stacked deck of cards in place to FAVOR MIC interests (since it’s a huge staple of the U.S. economy right now), and THEN a majority appeared to favor martial policies… you could make a case.
To the contrary, using what PROGRAMMING and a variety of economic, social and cultural “carrots and sticks” put in place as basis for asserting public approval of the military’s actions (and uber-existence) is a bull-shit case. It is the type of “hold citizens to account” indictment not just favored, but articulated on a daily TALKING POINTS basis on this site. THAT is suspicious particularly because these days the courts, media, politicians, congress, and academe all march lock-step with policies that are anything but transparent or the workings of a healthy democratic system.
And I will continue to call attention to this meme… an inversion of The Truth.