Home | About | Donate

2016 Set to be Hottest Year on Record, UN Announces Amid Climate Talks

2016 Set to be Hottest Year on Record, UN Announces Amid Climate Talks

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

2016 is "very likely" to be the hottest year on record, setting a new high for the third year in a row, the United Nations' World Meteorological Organization (WMO) announced Monday at the start of the second week of climate talks in Marrakesh, Morocco.

Reliable sources indicate that the record heat wave was created by all of the hot air emanating from Washington from the politicians claiming that climate change is a hoax.

In other impossible news:
(1) Hell reportedly froze over, but immediately thawed due to global warming.
(2) The Cubs won the World Series
(3) Donald Trump was elected President

Is it possible that any of these things actually happened or have I been dreaming again?

Sooner or later a Republican was going to be elected president. Of the 17 candidates in the Republican primary 15 could be classified as climate deniers, and the other two, Lindsey Graham and George Pataki, never got about 1% in the polls. So with a climate denier (Trump) running against a Democrat candidate who believes in the science (Clinton) what did most progressive do. They spent their time bashing the candidate who believes in climate change. And of course now they are whining about Trump. Perhaps if they had supported the candidate who wanted to address climate change we would not be in this dismal position. Too late now. They can't go back and support Hillary Clinton. It may be game over for climate.

As I've often said before, "Mother Nature is coming, and boy is She pissed!"
;-})

I live here in St. Paul, MN. Every single month since August, 2015 has been above normal. We are half way through November and currently the Twin Cities are running 13.5F above the monthly average. Normal highs for this time of year are in the low 40's and we've been mostly in the 60's to near 70F.. Granted, the snow and winter chill will come. It's just a matter of time. But our growing season is noticeably longer than it was even ten years ago. I'm afraid Humanity has long passed the point of no return. We've gone off the proverbial cliff and are just now waiting to "hit bottom." Hold on and brace!

I am trying to figure out when denying scientific facts in the USA became so widespread. I think it began with religion, and abortion rights--when is a person a person?

However, with abortion, even though Christians don't have a theological Bible based leg to stand on, they disguise their hatred of rights with the idea they are saving lives, and that the Bible supports anti-abortion with "Thou shall not kill." Though it does not.

But with global warming, the only religious basis I can find is belief in rainbows. Seriously, we have people that truly believe in a god that has control over the universe, and occasionally steps in, like to punish gays with hurricanes etc. And promised to never attempt to destroy it after the great flood.

This is the basis on which one deny science, and what 98.9% of the world's scientists and climatologists have found, and that all of NASA research is a conspiracy (do not have details on how that works).

WTF? We are killing the planet, as not to upset some religious crazies.

And Christians think Shariah law is crazy? WTF?

Hillary Clinton, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the DNC, and the Democratic Party Superdelegates are fully responsible for Trump being President-elect. They all had the opportunity to endorse and support a winner, Sen. Bernie Sanders, for President. Had they done so, Bernie Sanders would be our President-elect, not Trump. Instead they supported loser Hillary Clinton and now the execrable Republicans have total control over the federal government: Legislative; Executive; and Judicial.

I blame the science fiction writers. They invented the infinity of alternate universes. There's only one true past but infinite ways the future could unfold, time's arrow, yadda yadda. It's their fault we're in the wrong universe now. In some other universe, a server at DNC HQ crashed at just the right time, resulting in a few hours of office chaos, and the superdelegates never got lined up against Bernie, and Bernie handily beat Trump and the US follows through on its climate commitments, and the rest of the world follows. Darn.