Home | About | Donate

2016 Was Totally Awesome! (For Billionaires)

2016 Was Totally Awesome! (For Billionaires)

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The world's wealthiest can celebrate 2016 as a banner year.

That's according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Bloomberg writes Wednesday that

"The relentless onslaught of multimedia manipulation from our mercantile overlords demands we work at meaningless jobs for money we squander on meaningless tech toys in the belief that it will make us happy. It does not. It keeps us satiated so we'll prime the pump and make the plutocrats of industry richer . . .

We decide what to buy with our paychecks and and to what degree we are enslaved by our mercantile dictatorship. Even though we would like to think that we are different from the serfs of the Middle Ages and have free will, we are not and we do not. We just have a slightly longer leash."

This passionate commentary caught my attention as being refreshingly truthful from such a source. I found it on the back page of Popular Woodworking Magazine, June 2011.

Roy Anderson. Workshop Radicals: Farewell TV, DVD's and http. Roy is an Arts & Crafts woodworker.

The globalists and the oligarchs have it all figured out. They have a grand plan for solving the global warming thingy... Nuclear Winter! That's why they're throwing a trillion bucks or so at updating the nuclear triad. Of course it means culling the human race by a few billion or so, but we're all just a bunch of useless eaters anyway.

Trump is just playing a part in what he thinks is the greatest reality show ever. He'll think that right up until a CIA approved "lone gunman" puts a magic bullet right through his skull. We live in dark times, folks. This is what fascism in the 21st Century looks like.

Since the ultra wealthy did so well financially, that means they will be hiring more employees and giving raises to the one's they already have right? Why am I only hearing crickets? Oh because the trickle down theory is a lie!

How old is Trickle Down Theory? As early as 1896. Those that have pushed this idea has had over 100 years to prove it to work and have not. But when will the question be asked?

Have you noticed how today's liberal discussion about "inequality" remains limited to the gap between the more fortunate and the rich, ignoring the canyon between the jobless poor and the middle class?

We know that not every person is able to work (health, etc.) and there aren't jobs for all. The US shut down/shipped out a huge number of jobs since the 1980s, ended actual welfare aid in the 1990s. What do you think happens to those who are left out, with no means of providing for themselves?

We're 20 years into one hell of a war on the poor, during which we've seen countless families torn apart and the overall life expectancy of the US poor take a nosedive. The years of this administration marked our last chance to turn things around.

Over the past 20 years, what has been the liberal response to our poverty crisis? Yep, trickle down economics. The idea has been that if we nudge up wages and protect the jobs of the middle class, this will eventually result in the creation of a mass of "good, family supporting jobs," and US poverty will become a thing of the past.

It doesn't work. We are now only more deeply divided and subdivided by class and race, pitted against each other. Divide and conquer.

"Help me. Help me. Help me."
"Help no one."

Conversational evolution of human beings who become filthy rich off the backs of all others.

To add to this, Trickle Down Economics is a "supply side" only theory. As society grows, the more complex an economic system must become. The need to mix supply and demand theories become more evident, as we are experiencing. When a politician says they believe in a particular theory, this is THE clue to everyone they have no idea about how an economic system works. Politicians and CEO's are going to push a supply side because they are most likely heavily invested in business, the suppliers. We the people, known as consumers, not humans (literally), are the demanders. If we do not demand the supply, companies make less money, therefore companies are seen as failing due to low profit margins, if any. So how does Trickle Down work in the richest industrialized country with the most poor people? Obviously not in the favor of the poor. But what else? I would ask that anyone reading this look up the definition of capitalism. Any definition will contain a very specific word: private. Private is specific.

Speaking of life expectancy, Blue Collar workers average about 55. White collar workers avg 74. So what did Congress change recently? They changed the age of retirement. Instead of fixing social security, they just up the life expectancy so poor people wont make it long enough to get it.

Since they're blocking off all avenues of political action and representation, soon they will leave us with only one choice: drag these people and their families out of their homes and put their heads on chopping blocks.

The fault will not lie with the people but with themselves, who have brought conditions to such a desperate head (no pun intended). Is this desireable? No, I think violence will only spiral out of control as it always does. But historically, desperate people resort to desperate actions. I won't be lamenting their deaths, and I won't be leaping to their defense, considering how much irreparable harm they have done to millions workdwide.

Understand the problem:

1. Mitch McConnell:.. Before Obama ever did a thing.
    “We Republicans remain resolute in our commitment to deny the Democrats anything that looks like an accomplishment."
    The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
    McConnell has used the filibuster over 300 times to stop any negotiations on bills from Democrats.

Yes, and a middle class 'disdain' for the poor came with that mentality, brought about by political means, otherwise known as "propaganda".

I work in a health dept that serves those poor that you describe. I see them all day every day. I see first hand how and why they struggle. I do something. What do you do?

I scorn trickle down economics, not because its "the liberal response to our poverty crisis" as you claim, but because the its the rich's response to our poverty crisis. The rich just use trickle down economics as a reason to push for lowered tax rates and other financial favors from the government- to increase their profit margin and nothing else. I know trickle down economics is a lie. I know that what we need is money moving horizontally between people (among many other things). Try to imagine how that would work. Can you?

You say trickle down economics is the "liberal response"? Funny how bipartisan that belief is then huh? Because conservatives claim exactly that- that what everyone needs is a job and to increase jobs the rich has to have enough money to create jobs. What a misleading statement.

Exactly, the last thing republicans were going to tolerate during Obama's administration is Obama getting credit for "turning around the economy." Now, its our turn to return the favor and make sure everything Turmp does will fail.