Home | About | Donate

2020 Dem Presidential Hopefuls Flee Israel lobbies’ AIPAC After MoveOn.org Boycott Call

2020 Dem Presidential Hopefuls Flee Israel lobbies’ AIPAC After MoveOn.org Boycott Call

Juan Cole

Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Pete Buttigieg and Julian Castro, among candidates for the Democratic Party nomination for president, have all announced that they will not attend the annual conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC)

4 Likes

If this is MoveOn’s attempt to become relevant again, it could have done worse.

It could also do much better, for example by pressuring incumbent Ds to fight for publicly-financed elections. If we can get money out of our electoral process, AIPAC, not to mention the NRA, will go from being really scary to being merely whiny and annoying.

10 Likes

Juan could get raked over the coals for making the sternly forbidden N comparison. Never, when discussing present-day fascism, are you allowed to draw any comparisons to prior instances.

4 Likes

“Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer will be headliners at AIPAC this year.”

I refer to a comment I made previously, about Pelosi and her ‘San Francisco values’.

One does have to wonder.

3 Likes

Although avant garde like Lawrence Ferlinghetti and others have been able to sustain a progressive minority there, at least on the cultural side, San Francisco values" historically have been characterized by big money and heavy handed cops as many of us learned during the 60s as we headed for the hills post haste and never looked back !

6 Likes

If by ‘N comparison’ you mean Nazi, you’ve made a typical mistake. Granted many Americans make the same one but we can be clearer here. Mr Cole never uses the word Nazi, He uses the word Fascist. They are two different things. Most Republicans are Fascists (although they don’ know it and would never admit to it) Some Republicans (especially White Supremacists) are Nazi’s. Some Republicans are both.

7 Likes

A handful of Democrats are finally catching up to Likud’s apartheid and land grab policies?

Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib are my heroes. Don’t back down – the truth is on our side.

9 Likes

Phred, thanks for your post. (However, I do wonder if Aleph was simply being sarcastic in his/her observation about the N word.). IMO, you’re exactly on target about the fascists and Nazis in our country…and administration…today. I consider the Nazis to include Dump, Thomas Homan, Nielsen, Vitiello, the vile Stephen Miller, Dense, Sessions, King, et al.

Your link should help some people understand the differences and recognize that “It CAN Happen Here.” Here’s another one that I found right after the PATRIOT Act was passed because that passage pounded into my head that “omg, we really are plummeting into fascism.”
https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

7 Likes

Yep that’s a good one. That passed around quite a bit after the Bush coup

2 Likes

Israel is a destructive parasite that seeks to control its host, us.

4 Likes

AMEN!!!   ANY candidate for the House or Senate – or the Governorship of any State – should be held to the same high standard.  Cleanse the DNC of ALL DINO Fascists like Schemer, P’Loser, Dirty Debby Duhbya-Ass and the Clintons!

6 Likes

Right! I put some of the same thing on the net back when.
http://thehalloffame.wikidot.com/minitrue
;-})

3 Likes

Duh! I read that when you first turned me onto it. Just now I didn’t recognize the link…argh… if Dump and I both get put away for cognitive deecline, please just make sure we’re on opposite sides of the continent…

3 Likes

I’m sure there must be a boiling, roiling, hungry volcano in Antarctica which the Fat One can jump into to warm up. Maybe he’ll get a chance to go the rest of the way down.
*You, my dear, get a nice Batak cabin on Samosir Island in danu Toba in Sumatra. One of the most beautiful places I’ve been to. I’d even throw in a few bottles of my famous rum blend, Captain Osborn’s Private Reserve, to warm the cockles as you gaze across the lake…
https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=qdaVXJLcDI7B0PEP75iI6Ak&q=danau+toba+lake+sumatra&oq=danu+Toba+in+Sumatra&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i22i30l10.3399.18703..34908...1.0..0.230.1654.21j0j1…0…1…gws-wiz…0…0i131j0j0i10j0i13j0i13i30j0i22i10i30.S54bjS7L600
;-})

1 Like

Wait, wait!
1–I can’t pronounce half the words there!
2–ya gotta promise me there’re no more volcanic eruptions, not even in science experiments.
3–don’t let me get on any ferries.
4–I’m not a pescatarian; I’m a vegetarian. If “it” can feel pain or fear, I won’t eat it.
5–I’ll need a couple kindred spirits to visit with, BEFORE alcohol spirits. Are you going, too?
6–as for Dump and Dense, I’m still lighting those candles nightly to the Patron Saint of Fatal Apoplexy and Ruptured Brain Aneurysms… less carbon footprint than a trash trip to the Antarctic…

2 Likes

Lebensraum became an ideological principle of Nazism and provided justification for the German territorial expansion into Central and Eastern Europe.

I didn’t realize the term is not exclusively a Nazi reference. At any rate, Cole would not be on thin ice factually were he to compare Israeli policies to those of Hitler. It’s an obvious comparison, forbidden to point to. Cole may not be literally pointing to it, but he’s clearly waving in that general direction. Let’s get real now.

What do you call “mowing the grass” – if not a Nazi eliminationist policy?

I wasn’t considering taking a trip to Antarctica, just sending trump and company down there, preferably in the middle of Winter.
*I picked Lake Toba because it is so beautiful I thought you would enjoy it as well. You needn’t drink any alcohol. Coconut milk from a nice drinking nut is a bit of paradise, also. Papaya sliced and deseeded with some coconut ground up in its own milk spread on top is pretty good, too. Mangos are delicious as well. Can’t beat those tropical fruits, ripened and eaten in the tropics. :wink:
;-})

Lol…it DOES sound pretty…and I’m more than ready for a break. This fascist Hydra we’re fighting is wearing/wearying. Have you ever eaten papaya sprinkled with lime juice and salt&chile powder mix?

1 Like

Sounds good!
Oops! CD just told me I’m not supposed to talk with you anymore on site. “Send a personal message.” That can be difficult on CD.

Because we went off topic?