Home | About | Donate

2020 Moderates Have a Credibility Problem

2020 Moderates Have a Credibility Problem

Ryan Cooper

Moderate Democrats, both at the presidential level and below, are facing a quandary. All the activist energy and ideas are on the left, with policies like Medicare-for-all, a Green New Deal, a child allowance, and so on. In the main, most moderates or former moderates — like Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Joe Biden, and so on — have expressed sympathy with lefty goals, but argued that less aggressive policy goals could be just as good.

0 Likes

Moderates are not middle of the road. They’re predominately conservative in their views.

4 Likes

Its not just the candidates running in 2020 that have a credibility problem, it’s the whole damn Democratic party, and rightfully so. Even assuming one of these candidate’s with a history of less than progressive positions in the past makes it to the White House and actually tries to push through a progressive agenda, will the Democratic party support it? By no means a given.

2 Likes

How many times do moderates have to prove to you dumbass duopoly voters that they’re Republican Lite? And why am I wasting time talking to the crowd whose entire political stance revolves around voting for the LOTE so that the train wreck happens slightly more slowly.

3 Likes

The Democratic primary will be a field day for left of center opposition researchers. And rightfully so, as a bloodletting is due for the likes of Booker, Biden, The Beto and any other " moderate " put up and rubberstamped by the donors to the DNC.
Enough is enough.

3 Likes

Still way better than having snake oil salesman Trump calling you names if you don’t by his bullshit, while half the crowd buys his elixir on empty promises.

0 Likes

Tank,

You can’t help all of the people, all of the time.

However,

You can help some of the people, some of the time.

Patience is a virtue.

Let it go…

0 Likes

Hey, here’s a 2018 update to your musical selection, you know, just to keep up with the kids…

1 Like

Surreal video Tank. I liked it.

Now tell me, to what kids were you referring?

1 Like

The ones like me, a few months shy of 60…

0 Likes

There is no such thing as a “moderate,” Democrat or otherwise.

You’re either for the people or for the corporations.

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly.

0 Likes