Home | About | Donate

23 AGs Sue Trump Council Over 'Reckless and Unprecedented' Gutting of Bedrock US Environmental Law

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/28/23-ags-sue-trump-council-over-reckless-and-unprecedented-gutting-bedrock-us

2 Likes

My understanding of the original meaning of ‘Deep State’ is that it has to do with the fossil fuel industry’s insidious yet very effective lobbyist manipulation of governments big and small. Therefore, considering the Trump administration’s increased kowtowing to Big Fossil Fuel, the president seems quite content with wallowing in “the swamp”, let alone genuinely wishing to drain it.

5 Likes

All you closet trump toady’s and supporters, cloaking your true intentions in verbal hatred of the admitted corruption and betrayals by the DP candidates of many progressive issues, most especially to me, environmental and wild animal extinctions, stand-up to be counted as the shills and saboteur propagandist dividers you are!

Sure, the utterly shallow biden/harris DNC effort is filled with rot and disappointments that cannot be condoned or soft-peddled - but - and here lies the great difference for me that is between life and death - our priceless environmental health and the creatures great and small, at grave risk from a regime with zero education, understanding, empathy, sense of stewardship or really any sense of The Wild, that to dismiss those aspects of this election, even given the charade it is, is a crime in itself. Never mind the rationale of equality in evil from the two candidates, that is a canard and false equivalence, suitable only for those that dissemble or have some deep-seated ignorance, arrogance and hatred for the things that truly matter, even admiration for the true evil and deception that is trump & co…

5 Likes

Trump has become a modern day version of King Solomon. Willing to sever the country into political haves to serve his MAGATS.

We are part of The Wild - The Natural World - and may remember that.before the end.
~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkVjd1fJMME

1 Like

Hi Emphtrio:
In earIy America, there was an actual “commons/” It didn’t take long for that to be erased either. : (

2 Likes

Please reassure me that the DP, if they win power in the November elections, will significantly reverse the gutting of environmental laws and regulations that has occurred under the Republicans since 2016. I ask sincerely for this reassurance as I may feel as strongly about the evils of environment destruction and species extinction as you do. I fear that the DP will not get around to it? Really. Will there be enough DP billionaire donors with a conscience when it may affect their short-term profits? We have seen too many election-time DP promises that get forgotten after the election. Like Charlie Brown I have become jaded and become determined to not be fooled again, although Lucy has this uncanny ability to . . .

2 Likes

“This administration’s insidious attack on one of our most important environmental laws is an attack on the democratic process itself.”

Hell fire, it’s an attack on what is left of the PLANET. They are not in it merely for the money, but like a gang of immature young men who have never had a real home, for the perverse pleasure of destroying what others have painstakingly built.

4 Likes

Shouldn’t it be AsG ?

Nothing will stop this fascist trainwreck.

Your fears are mine as well - the DP ticket and their handlers don’t inspire my confidence - or admiration - but the other is openly dedicated to more destruction and extinctions - openly evil. One may be shifted, the other is cemented; and then there are the people each brings with them; I think that equation is reasonably clear…
There is a strong environmental Natural World lobby, but at least as many advocating for greed and self interest concerned with surviving in a capitalist world or becoming rich in it - the pressures are great and it is up to us to have the louder and more dedicated voices…if only. We can only fight against the forces of evil and try - there may be enough activism out there to make a difference and force change - maybe - I too am highly skeptical, but must keep some faith - the link I posted above is a musical remembrance of why we fight!

"What is an evil man? The man is evil who coerces obedience to his private ends, destroys beauty, produces pain, extinguishes life." – Jack Vance, 1964

1 Like

For the people to successfully regain environmental regulations let alone stifle the fossil fuel industry in any meaningful way is about as unlikely as Charlie Brown successfully punting that darn football for a field goal. Although probably irrelevant to those to whom oil profit matters, rising sea levels, ever more violent storms and increasing insurance premiums resulting from damage claims are costing we the people and all Earth’s creatures far more in both money and misery than their monetary intake from oil. Our addiction to oil truly is a serious, self destructive sickness.

1 Like

Trump getting sued is like water running off a ducks back. And it has continued since the beginning of his one and only term in office.

Even tricky dick understood the importance of clean air, clean water, clean soil. Oh, but not these pollution lobbyists now running the epa and interior that come out of the depths of the coal and koch kooks industries to execute drumpf’s hatred and lunacy towards anything that tells him no.

2 Likes