Home | About | Donate

268,000 People Died and Scott Atlas Shrugged: Trump's "Most Dangerous" Covid Adviser Quits

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/01/268000-people-died-and-scott-atlas-shrugged-trumps-most-dangerous-covid-adviser

The quantity Matthew Gertz charts (via OWID), which I call “percapita new-cases,” is a standard metric for equitably comparing places with diverse population densities. CDC has a geographically stunning map of blue ink, representing the worst state-outbreaks, spilling out of the Dakotas (updated daily):

~https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

Those tints are according to new-cases per week per 100K. Additionally considering positivity, these dark blue states are the worst infected places on Earth, thanks to genocidally murderous “herd immunity” ideology from disgraced fascists such as Atlas.

But that spreading blue stain only starts to tell the story. From measurements like this one of caseload to deaths there’s a consistent three-week lag. Cases took off in November, but deaths have not yet caught up to the same rate of increase. CDC’s 7-day average of deaths per day is just below 1,500 this morning, December first. Given the frequency of doubled frequencies lately, USA Covid mortality could reach 3K per day this month, imho.

You’re not going to see endorsements of your beloved, lethally pompous “Great Barrington Declaration” around here, you stupid fool. Not in the Commons. If you think CD’s articles are biased in favor of humanity, you ought to get a load of the rabid humanitarians around here, in the comments section!

2 Likes

Mighty bizarre, I’ll tell ya. “Follow the money asshol” (?!) – no ‘e’ or terminal punctuation. Just barely clicked the Reply button before his Covid-induced heart-attack. Sorry about that, man, but there are some preparations of Kool-Aid one is well-advised to abstain from quaffing.

2 Likes

“…all in an effort to provide you with the best information to serve the greater public good,” he said.

This Libertarian scumbag was denounced by his own university. I wish there were a benevolent God who could throw thunderbolts in real time, and smite hypocrites, liars and charlatans like this one.

3 Likes

Ayn Rand’s book, Atlas Shrugged sure fits.

3 Likes

Did you know she actually admired a pedophile murderer who dismembered a little girl he had kidnapped?
The truth behind Ayn Rand is so ghastly, and that she was taken into Hollywood at the highest levels by the Jewish executives there, is a dismal, horrifying comment on this country, and those in charge of the organs of propaganda.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

1 Like

Adios to this shmuck.

3 Likes

Atlas needs to be publicly outed. Didn’t save ANY lives, but did endanger thousands. Groups need to call him out very publicly.

1 Like

The fact that Atlas still holds a medical license, speaks loudly to the disfunction of the medical community in this country, and is a direct slap in the face to those in the profession on the front lines fighting this virus, and totally exhausted from it.

2 Likes

If , as you so arrogantly note, you do not trust this website ( of course that is your right) why not choose to go somewhere you do trust?
Confining healthy people ensures they STAY healthy, a simple point you obviously fail to understand.
Another think you do not seem know ( a rather long list I suspect) is that everywhere the schools , the businesses have opened, we see a corresponding spike in infection rates.
But if, as it is said, ignorance is bliss then I am very confident you are one of the happiest people out there.

2 Likes

Hmm, do you mean the money that flows from righty-wingy ‘think’ tanks? Koch bros? Heritage?
45 plucked Atlas from viewing him on Faux Snuz; what a ridiculous way to hire a total fraud, eh?
Puhleese, dude…

2 Likes

This is not the first time in recent history that Americans were abandoned by their government in a health crisis.
Today is World AIDS Day. The WHO reports the following numbers globally:
Worldwide 40 million people infected
1.7 million newly infected people in 2019
nearly 1 million people died 2019.
total AID$ related deaths since beginning of that pandemic: 33 million people

The Covid-19 statistics:
As of current 64 million people worldwide infected
1.5 million deaths so far…

Empathy and Compassion

2 Likes

trump really does hire the best people. I mean, how could we question someone who turns over his election evasion legal strategy to “America’s mayor.”

1 Like

I have no problem with it. The big pharma fascists and Gates are going to save humanity. Lmfao.

My thoughts exactly! Thanks for posting this:-)

Are you certain that, among those executives , were not a few Catholics, a Protestant or two, perhaps even a Buddhist?

Rand never was “taken into Hollywood at the highest levels” Here , educate yourself if you can get past youru blatant antisemitism:

~https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ayn-Rand

Something in your post reeks, mayhaps it is your personality?

YouTube has been auto-populating that crap movie into my “Recommended” list lately despite the fact my viewing history clearly identifies me as some kind of leftwing commie crackpot.