Home | About | Donate

3 Hours + 2 CEOs + 3 Senators + 5 Governors + 1 Doc = 0 Jobs Plans

3 Hours + 2 CEOs + 3 Senators + 5 Governors + 1 Doc = 0 Jobs Plans

Bill Scher

You might think that three hours is enough time for a presidential debate to offer up ideas on how to grow the economy.

You might think that a group of 11 people with such varied backgrounds – two CEOs, three senators, five current and former governors and one doctor – would have some fresh ideas how to create good-paying jobs.

But this is a Republican presidential debate, so even the CEOs aren’t good at creating jobs.

JEB has previously claimed that "he" created many jobs while governor of Florida. Well, many jobs were created by the housing bubble during his term (1999-2007). The bubble was very good to Florida, until it popped, especially hurting Florida. His advisors have surely told him not to speak to the issue anymore. He will, though, at some time, he will.

Bill Scher sounds like a shill for the Democrats. His attacks on the Republicans are spot on, but when he follows up each time with some dubious claims of how well Obama has served the public interest, his credibility disappears.

To call this a debate is a misnomer. The only real opposition to the rest of the warmongering fascists was Ron Paul. And like Trump said: " He doesn't belong on this stage".

And when Jeb Bush claimed his brother kept us safe, he conveniently left out the 9/11 attacks that murdered some 3,000 innocent Americans that was done on his watch.

Jeb, tell the relatives of those 3,000 Americans murdered on 9/11 that your brother kept the US safe!

Life is short and sweet. There was no way in hell I was going to waste precious hours watching the so-called Republican "debate." I did listen to some of the post-mortem offered on the radio. It was about what I expected: a bunch of lunatics, sociopaths, charlatans and idiots bombastically platitudinizing about nothing. The same old sound and fury; the same old nonsense and tired ancient formulas for "stimulating the economy," "creating wealth," and "making America great again." When I think that tens of millions of Americans are moved by this absolute bullshit to vote Republican, I just want to cry. The people deserve better than a bigoted buffoon like Donald Trump, a nasty thug like Chris Christie or a slimy wretch like Scott Walker. The people deserve better, only some of them don't know it. They act like the candidates are actually saying something worth hearing. They applaud each mindless piece of Republican orthodoxy as though it were a genuine moral or intellectual insight. Just nauseating! No surprise that the candidates had nothing to say about jobs. Their only real concerns, at this point in the neoliberal game, is to make war and to finish off all opposition to plutocracy and total corporate rule. It's shocking that more Americans can't see that the Republican party is a wolf in wolf's clothing...

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

"You might think that three hours is enough time for a presidential debate to offer up ideas on how to grow the economy."

You would hope politicians offered up ideas on how to do anything but what their corporate masters tell them to do. Growing the economy means fattening the oligarchy at everyone's expense. Only Bernie is talking about putting billionaires on a diet.