Home | About | Donate

3 Things Trump's EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt Has Actually Said About Climate Change

3 Things Trump's EPA Nominee Scott Pruitt Has Actually Said About Climate Change

Ryan Schleeter

Firmly eliminating any notion that he would maintain an “open mind” on climate change, President-elect Donald Trump has chosen a climate denier and fossil fuel shill for one of the top environmental positions in his administration.

Mr. Pruitt, may your grandchildren take a Trump on your grave.

I see this morning the International Union for the Conservation (IUCN) has placed the giraffe on its 'endangered list'.

But I want to bring up something else here.

I used to think, when I started blogging back in 2008 (I believe), that I was somehow helping out - you know, examining the scientific evidence - presenting links etc...

But now, after all that work, not just by me, but by hundreds, thousands of super qualified scientists and NGO's - we have Trump - after all that !

I can't help but think that Arnold Toynbee was right. In his "A Study of History", he concluded that when a civilization reached this stage, collapse was always the result, "despite the intervention of creative saviours".

Chomsky has himself warned of a new dark age.

Everywhere you hear the environmentalists' response to all this:

Organize !

Isn't that what we've been doing - with Greenpeace, the Sierra Club, the IUCN, and on and on ?

Al Gore, a former vice-president of the United States of America, circled the globe like an orbiting satellite promoting the need to address climate change.

James Hansen, arguably the world's top climate scientist - is now doing something similar.

Edward O. Wilson, arguably our top biologist, has concluded we need to set aside fully half the Earth as a conservation refuge, with migration corridors, to preserve 85 % or so of the remaining biodiversity, which is already a shadow of its former self.

"The Anthropocene" is about to become an officially sanctioned geological time unit.

I could go on for pages - and yet, despite all this, a Jesuit Pope's encyclical, the World Banks commissioned studies fully attributing climate change to human activity & numbers, the International Energy Agency - same - still we have Trump and the 'western way.'

Yes, the 'western way' - steal a continent or two - kill everyone and everything that gets in the way of your uneconomic world order - assassinate presidents who were beginning to see the light - and finally - Trump et al.

Do we need to 'organize' or see to our weapons ?

Many of us are frustrated that fact no longer bears on public policy, and are organizing for a massive social movement. It is not enough for others to speak for us; now we have to put our bodies out there. Movement organizing includes education and supporting frontline activists, as well as building solidarity, resistance and civil disobedience. The impressive achievements by just a few that you listed, need the backing of millions of Americans in the streets.

What Pruitt in part brought to Oklahoma, was fracking well drilling and "disposal" of poisonous fracking "fluids" - his arrogant ignorance and servitude to the industry will soon-come to other parts of America!

The Trump regime will be the most wealth-oriented, politically dangerous, polluting and ignorant/arrogant in US history! The Clinton/Obama wing bear great responsibility for the rise of Trump and all we will suffer for the next 4? years - given the establishment Dem response (Pelosi) so-far they will continue to be craven and weak collaborators with all that follows...............

http://okiefunk.com/content/oklahoma-earthquakes-continue-unabated - OK oil&gas threats, R'Con flunkies, & Scott Pruitt - coming soon to a place near you!

Massive amounts of money cause blindness, deafness (and muteness), and impede rational thinking. Pruitt and his ilk are not immune to the current and unavoidable impending disasters wrought by climate change...their ill-gotten gains will not feed them, clean the air they breathe or the water they drink nor stem the rising tides engulfing their seaside manses. The real tragedy is that all life and our planet suffer at the hands of a few powerful climate change deniers.

The way it is looking already, we are screwed. Even the gains in civil rights, made by peaceful protest many moons ago, is on the chopping block with the doing away of the voting rights, and voter suppression of minorities, the poor, and college students at an all time high. A wholesale attack on women's rights.

"I don't mean go out and get violent; but at the same time you should never be nonviolent unless you run into some nonviolence. I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go insane, and I'm not responsible for what I do." --Malcolm X

Only a revolution: brutal, violent and in the streets can change current course--many would say.
Is actively profiteering from the rape and destruction of Earth an act of violence?

"Though men now possess the power to dominate and exploit every corner of the natural world, nothing in that fact implies that they have the right or the need to do so." --Edward Abbey