Home | About | Donate

$30 Million for Trump's "Vanity Parade Nothing Compared to $5.6 Trillion Spent on War Since 2001

If you want to show support for veterans, improve the VA and the services provided by the VA particularly the VA hospitals. Besides, VA hospitals are a gov’t run model of health-care-for-all, imo anyway.

Its Physics!! If you dropped a 5 pound barbell off the North Tower roof, it would take 11 seconds to hit the ground - how can the North Tower collapse(disintegrate) in 11 seconds? Its no mystery, its Physics; those Towers were brought down by explosives and they spent $5.6 trillion to avenge that?? Well, when you have 'liberals" like racheal maddow calling the father of a son killed in the North Tower lobby (when he entered the building by a bomb blast) a ‘terrorist’ for questioning the government’s account of 911 - Houston, we have a problem.

He makes me sick…I don’t know what to do but I do know that he has got to go.

Soon to be sainted Father Oscar Romero, Mother Teresa, Father Daniel Berrigan, too many lesser Church figures to name, unknown really, who have been murdered or died quietly doing good works informs me that Christianity , including Catholicism, isn’t the problem. Neither are Judaism, nor Islam , Buddhism, etc.
I have deep resentment of powerful Jews, and, consequently battle anti-Semitism in my heart, an all-to-easy pitfall. I have lost good friends for this.
To be trite, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The Founding Fathers understood this hence checks and balances, the true genius behind the American experiment, and this despite their deeply Christian backgrounds and slave ownership.

1Ed –

Soon to be sainted Father Oscar Romero, Mother Teresa, Father Daniel Berrigan, too many lesser Church figures to name, unknown really, who have been murdered or died quietly doing good works informs me that Christianity , including Catholicism, isn’t the problem.

The long history of the RCC is one of soaking the soil of Europe with blood: Inquisitions, Crusades, Hammer of Witches/Burning at the Stake.

Look to the long list of persecutions which the RCC has acknowledged and apologized for having participated in over thousands of years …

QUOTE –

Sweeping apology for attacks on Jews, women and minorities defies theologians’ warnings
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/mar/13/catholicism.religion

World news - Pope says sorry for sins of church

Sweeping apology for attacks on Jews, women and minorities defies theologians’ warnings.

Monday 13 March 2000 06.37 EST First published on Monday 13 March 2000 06.37 EST

Saving one of his most audacious initiatives for the twilight of his papacy, John Paul II yesterday attempted to purify the soul of the Roman Catholic church by making a sweeping apology for 2,000 years of violence, persecution and blunders.
From the altar of St Peter’s Basilica in Rome he led Catholicism into unchartered territory by seeking forgiveness for sins committed against Jews, heretics, women, Gypsies and native peoples.

Keep in mind that Columbus saw it as his highest mission to spread Christianity here.

And Christianity was indeed brought here – along with its Papal Edicts to “enslave or kill” the native people here they labeled “pagans … only fit to be fed to the dogs” – and Africans enslaved here.

This was again precedent setting torture and violence to steal the land from the native people and to ensure free labor for the US government to come.

The Old Testament, in fact, was written to cement patriarchy. It was the overturning of female-centered societies.

There is also a question, not yet answered, as to whether the Vatican created Islam.
And afaik, Buddism is another male-dominated or male-centered religion.

The Catholic Church also kept Jews in Jewish Ghettos throughout the Papal States for 1,100 or more years – isolating them from society, barring them from education and the professions, forcing them to wear yellow stars on their clothing similar to what Hitler did once again… It was not until the French Revolution that the French freed Jews from those Jewish Ghettoes, proclaiming “All are equal.” And not until 1860’s that the Italians also forced the closure of the Jewish Ghettoes in Italy - and mvoed the Vatican into the area it now occupies.

I have deep resentment of powerful Jews, and, consequently battle anti-Semitism in my heart, an all-to-easy pitfall. I have lost good friends for this.

You are what you have been taught from childhood onward.

Thus, the Catholic Church shares a co-responsibility for the Jewish Holocaust in Germany after having spent a thousand years and more vilifying Jews in those lands with it’s vile propaganda which is still even difficult to read today and which was spread throughout the Papal States.
This is how anti-Semitism was taught and spread throughout Europe.

At some period in the 1960’s, the RCC became involved with "Liberation Theology" which meant that they were turning from their support for Elites-Patriarchy towards making the church a democracy.

The beloved Pope John XXIII who worked with JFK and Khrushchev for peace in the world, also worked to bring democracy to the RCC in Vatican II. Immediately after his death, the right wing of the church made every attempt to bury Vatican II and it’s instruction to members to use their own personal conscience and free will to decide for themselves whether to use contraception. The next two Popes who arose after that also left the planet in what seemed to be way before their time – and they were also believed to be BOTH
Popes who would have also moved the church to democracy and acknowledgment of the free conscience of members, including in regard to reproduction.

(However, Mother Teresa, is not quite the person you may think she is and believed in “suffering” and was quite happy to let those in her care suffer. PLEASE read something about her. And pretty much all of the money donated to her was not spent on the ill and suffering she tended but was turned over to the Vatican.)

To be trite, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

We should not neglect to recall that power can also be used for positive purposes – it need not be used for evil.

The Founding Fathers understood this hence checks and balances, the true genius behind the American experiment, and this despite their deeply Christian backgrounds and slave ownership.

If you actually read our Constitution you will find that Our Founders – while proclaiming “All are equal” – actually created an Elite-Patriarchy, endowed them with land grants, gave them immense influence and control over our “people’s” government, the nation’s wealth and natural resources.
We still suffer from that imbalance of power.

The Founders also used their power not for freedom and democracy, but to save and support the system of Slavery for Elites/wealthy. A system embedded in violence and cruelty. This also guaranteed the Civil War which further benefitted Elites by splitting the nation into two camps of hatred which still echo today.

The Founders have also long continued the GENOCIDE against the native people – not only by kidnapping their children and abusing them in every way possible, including sexually and including murdering them –
but they continue even today to try to retake their lands and their natural resources. The system of theft by our government of Native-American lands/property and Genocide continues on even today.

Our government has been set up to support Elitism – that’s what the Senate is about – and it’s the brakes on our USHR which is the “people’s” house and which has much less power.
The power imbalance was obvious at the time of the Constitution and it is ever more so obvious today.
Last I checked, in the UK there was one representative for about every 75,000 people.
In the US there is one representative for about 750,000 Americans – and I fear that at this time the numbers are even much higher.

Additionally, the Supreme Court serves as a further political force against the interests of the people.
Currently it represents the interests of corporations, male-dominated religions, and perverts (Clarence Thomas.)

The lies and propaganda of organized patriarchal religion - male-supremacist religion – has turned the world upside down. It’s up to us to pay attention to the evils of the world, the violence in the world and who is actually involved in spreading that evil and that violence.

I used to be Patty Pissoff but decided to use the old movie line from the Fugs.

Brevity is the soul of wit. I’ m sorry you harbor such negative feelings for an entire religion. I could cite as many offenses committed by Jews, or pagans. Have you seen the crushed body of Rachel Corrie? Done in the name of Judaism. What religion was Ghengis Khan? It was said his favorite dish were the stir-fried breasts of virgin female human beings. The pagan Romans were pretty brutal and that’s really what birthed the Catholic Church, utter pagan brutality. The most important holiday in Judaism, which gave us the blood soaked Old Testament, is the celebration of a military slaughter so thorough that the enemy was slain down to the suckling child. They say Islam is a religion of violence? They haven’t read the Torah (Old Testament) very closely then. Orthodox Jews believe homosexuals should be put to death. What are your feelings about that? Where do you think the policy of burnings at the stake comes from?
I hope someday anti-Christian sentiment is as reviled as anti-Semitism.

“You are what you have been taught from childhood onward.”

REALLY!?
My mother was married to a Jewish man, my father, her second husband worked in the studios entirely surrounded by Jews to whom he believes he owes his career. My grandfather was Jewish, my first two girlfriends were Jewish, and I was the guest of honor (lit the menorrah) at my best friends Bar Mitzvah, also attended his brother’s orthodox wedding.
NO ONE in my family nor a single childhood acquaintance EVER taught me anything anti-Semitic. If I battle anti-Semitism in my heart it is CLEARLY AND SOLELY due to what I have observed of some Jewish people in my life and what I have learned of Israel in the various venues I read NONE OF WHICH come from any Aryan or white supremacist source.
I deeply resent powerful Hollywood Jews (as did Marlon Brando, btw) such as Harvey Weinstein greenlighting overtly anti-Catholic productions full of outright lies (example: Philomena, a total load of horsecrap replete with entirely fabricated scenes that never happened in real life) while ignoring the truly horrendous things done in the name of Judaism.
I battle anti-Semitism because of what a small number of very powerful Jewish zionists have done and never been called to account for, certainly not to the degree Catholics have been persecuted That may speak poorly of my character but I cannot believe what has been done by these people with impunity. I didn’t learn this from my family or childhood friends but from simply watching Israel and her American Zionist appeasers Stateside. Think Lavon Affair, for instance, or Rachel Corrie.

I could go on and list a great many examples of what I’m talking about here. There really are many many examples of a double standard benefitting Jewish interests over others in the corporate media, a media very much controlled by Zionists and Jews. And I understand that the actions of a few do not speak for the entire population. Some of my greatest heroes are Jews who speak truth to power, hence the conflicting emotions I battle. People like Normon Finkelstein who has suffered mightily at the hands of his fellow Jews for pointing out their breathtaking immorality and hypocrisy.

I have many Vietnamese friends who harbor deep resentment, hatred really, of Chinese, born literally out of millenia fighting to keep what they have from falling into, rather being snatched away by a very aggressive, hyper-competitive, ruthless Chinese adversary. These are highly educated people, engineers, hospital administrators, business people. Just maybe, through millenia of adversity many Jewish people have too become formidable adversaries, aggressive in business to a degree as Mark Twain put it, where their dealings are within the letter of the law but not the spirit.(Harper’sMagazine, 1898) and often beyond both.

So rethink your politically correct dogma about where anti-Semitism comes from. It just might be that sometimes, just maybe a people, or the prominent representatives of a people might just create their own homemade antipathy.

1Ed –

Number one – I’m not here to be witty.

But clearly you have one purpose in mind, to defend male-dominated religion.

The Old Testament, in fact, was written to cement patriarchy. It was the overturning of female-centered societies.

All organized patriarchal religions are united in that aspect – male-supremacy and the violence necessary to secure it.

If you actually read what I said in my post, you would understand that ALL organized patriarchal religions and their violence deserve only to be overturned.

Recall it is “Christians” who reserve the right to label others as “pagans,” as “witches,” as "heretics …

Did the “pagan” native people here scream too loudly when their hands were cut off under Papal Edicts to “enslave or kill them”?

Your primary concern here seems to be to push religion and your God.

Did you read anything of the true “Mother Theresa”?

Do you have anyway to defend the Catholic Church and its own “confessions” of persecutions of Jews, Women, Homosexuals, Pagans and many more?

What have you to say of the Catholic Church’s vile propaganda against Jews and Women and Homosexuals?

Or the fact that after WWII they were called upon to acknowledge their “Co-Responsibility for the German Holocaust in Germany”?

What of the CIA Pope overturning Liberation Theology? And bringing Opus Dei back into the Church?

What about Vatican II and a church that should be a democracy yet tries to hold its members in an unreal world where birth control is banned?

What about the RCC underpinning Elite-Patriarchy?

Wow. I didn’t see anything about religion in this topic, so haven’t been following it. How did you all (with @1EdBenti) get off on deciding which (of somebody else’s) religion is worse than another? Please let it go so I can get back to the topics where I have something to say.

I tried to point out religion , particularly Christianity, isn’t “the problem” but found myself defending Catholicism.
Nuthin’ like discussing politics and religion.

“Number one – I’m not here to be witty…”

Well we agree on something.

Hi Barbara –

Just found this and a bunch of CD replies in my “spam” folder … wondering how many more have been lost?

How did we get into religion? Don’t recall exactly but from time to time posters at CD will mention “God” or suggest that something or other is in the hands of “God.” That’s probably how.

However, why would you not have something to contribute on the subject of a “God”?

We all discuss our government and it’s actions every day because we understand that our government and its policies effect our lives every moment of our lives, all of our lives.

You might have seen me refer at times to the fact that Our Founders weren’t quite the heroes they’re made out to be. In fact, Our Founders actually created an “Elite-patriarchy” while proclaiming “All are equal” and in betrayal of the people.

They also endowed them with land grants, gave them immense influence and control over our “people’s” government, the nation’s wealth and natural resources. Our government thereafter existed to serve Elites/wealthy.

Our Founders saved and supported the system of Slavery for Elites/wealthy which guaranteed the Civil War … which further benefitted Elites by splitting the nation into two camps of hatred which still echo today.

Our Founders continued the violence against the native people here – 112 million of them – in order to steal their lands/natural resources.

Well — Organized Patriarchal Religion also underpins Elite-Patriarchy. It teachings influence government and our societies and rarely are they positive teachings. For instance, “Manifest Destiny” and “Man’s Dominion Over Nature” certainly were licenses to Elites/wealthy as permission to exploit Nature, Animal-Life, Nature – and even other human beings according to various myths of “inferiority” which profited Elites.

You can ignore religion, of course – but imo it’s dangerous to do so.

Barbara

Have to try to get something done about the CD posts going to spam –

thanks for the reply.

Mine was really a rhetorical question. It could also be said “Back on topic or give it up, please.”

bks –

Is someone making you read my posts?

My suggestion is to ignore what is not of interest to you.

Chicken,

It’s been a couple weeks since I provided you with an article that you said you would “sniff out” concerning Seth Rich’s murder. A lot has happened since then and in particular, it was well reported that Seth’s parents were suing Fox News. I agree that that article was from a very sketchy source.

You may have written that article and me off as less than credible and I suppose I wouldn’t completely blame you.

If you still find Seth’s death strange, this Washington Post article from March 19,2018 may open your eyes.

Sorry Patty Pissoff, I didn’t get your response until just now.

That’s Fuging funny.

And don’t forget the fatal accident of Michael Hastings, investigative journalist for Rolling Stone.