Home | About | Donate

40,000 Call on DA to Prosecute TX State Trooper Brian Encinia

40,000 Call on DA to Prosecute TX State Trooper Brian Encinia

WASHINGTON - Nearly a month has passed since Texas State Trooper Brian Encinia illegally arrested and assaulted Sandra Bland, who was found dead in her jail cell just 72 hours later. In line with the crisis of police accountability, Officer Encinia has not been fired or prosecuted. Instead, he not only remains employed but has also stopped 22 other drivers, more than half of them Black, for minor issues such as alleged speeding, not signaling a lane change, obscured lights etc. Last year alone, 64% of stops by police in the Waller County area involved Black drivers.

###

This article is the most biased, one sided and full of lies or misleading statements I have ever seen on Common Dreams.
" he not only remains employed but has also stopped 22 other drivers, more than half of them Black, for minor issues such as alleged speeding, not signaling a lane change, obscured lights etc"

This is trying to make people think this Trooper is raciest "more than half of them are black"
but with the population being 89% black these figures shows that he is not targeting blacks at all. WHO WROTE THIS CRAP.

"Last year alone, 64% of stops by police in the Waller County area involved Black drivers."

a city that is 89% African American. About 64% of stops by police in the area last year involved African American ...

The omission of the "89%" are African American that make up the population puts this statement in a completely different perspective now doesn't it?

Common Dreams By publishing this article makes me think about turning to a different source to find the truth.

I'm really interested in there the "FACTS" of the 89% population count of Waller county is coming from in BillyLutz response?? Last I checked from the US Census Bureau last updated in 2014... Reviewing the ACTUAL FACTS below should TRULY change and give one a COMPLETELY different perspective of this "NON-Raciest county" or/and my apologizes, rather I quote assumption of this "NON-raciest Trooper"... This 64% would comprise of 7,730 African Americans stopped out of the mere 12,079 currently based within this county.

People - QuickFacts - Waller County,Texas quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/48473
Population definition and source info Population, 2014 estimate 46,820
White alone, percent, 2013 (a) 70.5% (estimate 33,008 people)
Black or African American alone, percent, 2013 (a) - 25.8% (estimate 12,079 people)
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent, 2013 (a) 1.5%
Asian alone, percent, 2013 (a) 0.7%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent, 2013 (a) 0.1%
Two or More Races, percent, 2013 1.4%
Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2013 (b) 29.5% Higher percent then Blacks!!