Home | About | Donate

40 Years After Vietnam War, Prime Minister Decries 'Barbarous Crimes' of US

I believe the only way the USA will ever be held accountable for its militaristic and economic crimes is for other nations to demand justice. America's internal institutions - Congress, presidency, courts, media, mega corporations and the national security state - are corrupt, complicit and profiting from their crimes.

Just imagine if the USA was forced to compensate for its use of DU.

My, aren't we exceptional?

The caption that would be very appropriate for the Vietnam Wall Memorial THIS IS A WALL OF SHAME THAT THESE BRAVE AND PATRIOTIC BUT MISLED SOLDIERS, WERE SENT TO THEIR NEEDLESS DEATHS BY THE BARBAROUS CRIMES OF THE US GOVERNMENTS WAR CRIMINALS.

Yes, true many were drafted to Vietnam against their will. I blame the war criminals that were behind the Vietnam war. And until the war criminals that murdered and maimed so many soldiers in Vietnam are brought to justice( like Henry Kissinger ) and the US government apologizes and allows funds and reparations to the families of those soldiers on the governments wall of shame; like you say nothing will change.

The Vietnam memorial wall is 493.5 feet long (if you combine the length of the 2 legs). If you were to make a similar wall (same # of names per foot) as a memorial to the 3 million Vietnamese that died in that war, it would be almost 5 miles long. If we had a 6ft long casket for every Vietnamese that died in that war, and placed them end-to-end, they would reach from the east coast of the U.S. to the west coast. I've got an idea. Once Bernie Sanders becomes president, we should build a memorial to all the Vietnamese who lost their lives in that senseless war. A bronze or stone casket with the name of every Vietnamese man, woman, or child who died, end to end, along a major east-west route through the middle of the U.S, from one end of the country to the other. That would give people something to think about as they make their commute to work every day...

The US was aided by Australia (all the way with LBJ), New Zealand and many Canadians fought with the US forces. Sadly, these countries with the EU are still 'friends & allies', sending their troops to fight in US-initiated wars.

"we should build a memorial to all the Vietnamese who lost their lives in that senseless war." A noble gesture indeed. I would point out that the $$ needed to make said memorial may be better off in the hands of the victimized people. Again saying noble idea. The memorial would send a message, cost money, but ultimately be no help to the victims.

Sadly our government has not accepted responsibilty or compensated its own Vietnam Veterans, AO compensation has more red tape than any benefit. leaving the dying veteran to prove to the VA that they were in Vietnam. admitting to the veteran his/her service could be the explanation for the health issues of their children grandchildren etc is likely never to be heard by the Vietnam veteran. I wish I could do more to help.