Home | About | Donate

43 Years Later, Officers Charged for Murder of Defiant Chilean Folk Singer

Too bad that the puppet master, Henry Kissinger, is not being charged along with these officers.

Never forget 9/11.
(That is, the first 9/11 orchestrated by Kissinger.)

I was living in Cochabamba, Bolivia when this happened where I gave temporary shelter to a number of Chileans fleeing for their lives. I didn't know any young people in Bolivia who didn't have Victor Jara's records (along with those of Mercedes Sosa and Violeta Parra).

I am so happy to learn that the murderers of this courageous and beautiful Chilean man will finally be brought to justice. Now if Henry Kissinger could be brought to justice as well for Victor, Salvador Allende and the thousands of other Chileans who were murdered by Kissinger's agents because they believed in justice.

PS:
I should add the name of then Chilean Military Chief of Staff General Rene Schneider who was assassinated by agents sent directly by Henry Kissinger to remove him because he refused to support a military coup. He stood up for democracy and the Chilean Constitution and Kissinger had him killed. Chile had the oldest democracy in Latin America -- 150 years of democratic elections and peaceful changes of government until the Chilean people elected someone Kissinger and Nixon didn't approve of. When I see Kissinger on news shows introduced as a respected elder statesman I just want to vomit.

Kissinger and Cheney are both decrepit, evil men and both should be prosecuted at the Hague for crimes against humanity. Both couldn't care less though because both are sociopaths and both feel safe hiding out in this country. Who would DARE arrest them! This government is complicit. Victor Jara's body may no longer be alive but his spirit lives in his music and in his quest for justice. He is a true world hero.

Thus far Chile has steadfastly refused to bring charges against the US officials who instigated, armed and financed the coup against President Allende. They are like the German government which charged a few border guards of the former East Germany with murder but refused to do the same to the responsible officials of that regime.

which is exactly why our 911 was orchestrated by our own govt. In your face sheeple, we will have our event on the very same day and you ,America, are too dumb to notice.

"..former lieutenant Pedro Barrientos Nuñez, a resident of Florida who is seeking to avoid extradition to Chile."

Retirement in Florida: The CIA's pension benefit for loyal graduates of the School of the Americas.

Unfortunately there are Nazis for whom Sept 11, 1944 is a day of infamy. It's the date that the US first crossed the Rhine into their German homeland. Also the first penetration of any allied forces, including Russian, into Germany.

I'm sure various Nazis in Chile in 1973 knew this.

(The US forces came from the south of France and were quickly withdrawn on Eisenhower's orders, likely because Allen Dulles was making deals with German generals in Switzerland for German technologies--computers included.)

What crimes are you accusing the East German government of committing?

Victor Jara lives on in the Chilean-Andean group of musicians named "Illapu". Their music is wonderful. I've found their CDs on Amazon-- not inexpensive, but, to me, worth every penny.

It's an ongoing struggle to resist the dark forces on this planet that have infected coerced and manipulated humanity.

The real challenge after the truth being reconciliation and creating an atmosphere where all life is valued.

The sort of light and beauty that Jara represented is eternal and will always be a guiding star.

What I understand to be this Brave Man, Victor Jara's last poem:

"When later the text of his last poem was brought to me, I knew that Victor wanted to leave his testimony, his only means now of resisting fascism, of fighting for the rights of human beings and for peace".

"There are five thousand of us here
in this small part of the city.
We are five thousand.
I wonder how many we are in all
in the cities and in the whole country?
Here alone
are ten thousand hands which plant seeds
and make the factories run.
How much humanity
exposed to hunger, cold, panic, pain,
moral pressure, terror and insanity?
Six of us were lost
as if into starry space.
One dead, another beaten as I could never have believed
a human being could be beaten.
The other four wanted to end their terror
one jumping into nothingness,
another beating his head against a wall,
but all with the fixed stare of death.
What horror the face of fascism creates!
They carry out their plans with knife-like precision.
Nothing matters to them.
To them, blood equals medals,
slaughter is an act of heroism.
Oh God, is this the world that you created,
for this your seven days of wonder and work?
Within these four walls only a number exists
which does not progress,
which slowly will wish more and more for death.
But suddenly my conscience awakes
and I see that this tide has no heartbeat,
only the pulse of machines
and the military showing their midwives' faces
full of sweetness.
Let Mexico, Cuba and the world
cry out against this atrocity!
We are ten thousand hands
which can produce nothing.
How many of us in the whole country?
The blood of our President, our compañero,
will strike with more strength than bombs and machine guns!
So will our fist strike again!

How hard it is to sing
when I must sing of horror.
Horror which I am living,
horror which I am dying.
To see myself among so much
and so many moments of infinity
in which silence and screams
are the end of my song.
What I see, I have never seen
What I have felt and what I feel
Will give birth to the momentÂ"…

Estadio Chile

September 1973
---from www.historyisaweapon.com

That doesn't go for "all of us"....
America, that has the power that is used so shamelessly, A power that many, many of us full well realize has been done for Evil and Greedy Ugly purpose, but there is another side to that coin, and that is the way in which our schools and media have controlled and compromised our thinking and A power that has been used to separate and keep us all in line-
Had you been raised here you would maybe understand...And, yes, I have always known of the other September 11th- "Our" other 9-11 happened on 11-22-63 and had that despicable CIA incident not occurred, I believe Chile would have been spared from this tragedy...JFK highly disliked Henry Kissinger, said he was A very dangerous man and sent him packing...

Kissinger had a young, Spanish speaking aide named Bill Richardson who is still head of Kissinger's global PR firm, and was head of Kissinger Associates when he ran for, and won, the Governorship of New Mexico. It will be interesting to see if his name comes up in this newly opened investigation. So, so sad what the forces of evil wreaked upon Chile then....but hopefully now the full truth will out.