Home | About | Donate

48 Progressive Groups Urge Biden to Reject the Revolving Door and Commit to Appointees Who Will "Serve No Interest but the Public's"

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/30/48-progressive-groups-urge-biden-reject-revolving-door-and-commit-appointees-who

Groups call on presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to appoint transition and cabinet officials determined to “serve no interest but the public’s.”

These are well meaning Progressive groups, but to me very naive to say the least because Biden is nothing but a Wall Street Stooge and deserves the moniker " Mr. Master Card". WAKE THE HELL UP! I predicted over a year ago that the so-called Democratic debates were nothing but a dog and pony show for the politically, ignorant American Sheeple to make them believe America is a Democracy. And that it would be a Biden/Harris ticket because they had already been selected.

14 Likes

I hear ol uncle Joe has already been cavorting with the likes of Summers and Geitner.
That’s a good sign, right?

11 Likes

Transition? We don’t need no stinking transition.
Trump took over three years to get his people hired, fired, quitting, and arrested for their positions.

2 Likes

add hillary
rahm
cuomo
more of the incoming are retreads from Jan 1993 thru 2015.
Please do not raise expectations too high.
The corona19 kissinger fast war and our
small business collapse from this creates
a very long term disaster depression for most
families.

The four million grandparent homes raising their
grandchildren {AARP} usually without additional outside
money coming in, need our thanks, prayers and
consideration of congress for the otherwise orphans.

The DC to NYC to Harvard axis of evil will remain the true knee on our neck.

4 Likes

Nothing fancy here. Just somebody manning the off-on switch to the money printing presses. Then a coordinator to send the pallets of $100 bills to places unknown.
The bankers are really clowns juggling in their offices next to the coffee pot. If one ball falls it is, or isn’t replaced. The clowns smiles, happy or frowning, tell us how big this years bonus is.

2 Likes

“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.”

― Frederick Douglass

Until the “progressive left” realizes this nothing will change for the better. And at this rate I have my doubts that things ever will.

8 Likes

These “progressive groups” better get Biden and the DNC into a 12 step program to shake corporate money addiction post haste or watch Trump’s second term unfold no matter who occupies the White House after 1/20/21.

5 Likes

Or even worse, a competent Trump in 2024.

1 Like

Zephyr Teachout was right: “Biden has a corruption problem.” Progressive voices (these 48, and all others) will be ignored, as they were ignored by Obomber.

11 Likes

Kick the can down the road Joe won’t even bend on Medicare for All, which is a no brainer! But, at least these groups are forcing him to face the issues while raising public awareness of just who they will be voting for. Now, if only voters had the attention span of even an average gold fish.

6 Likes

and

JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon and Bank of America Vice Chairman Anne Finucane have both been floated for positions at the Treasury Department.

~https://www.businessinsider.com/who-joe-biden-will-appoint-to-top-cabinet-positions-axios-2020-3?op=1

3 Likes

beat me to it

And illustrates why Progressives aren’t going to get there in my lifetime.

I wish Biden supporters would just take a few minutes, do the basics any voter should do and look to Delaware, it’s corporate history and what Joe’s been promoting and protecting virtually his entire career. It’s a confidence-in-candidate killer.

5 Likes

This article must have been lifted from the Onion.

2 Likes

That’s a mighty big tongue you got in you cheek…

There is nothing progressive about urging, begging or pleading with the establishment to “do the right thing”.
Really wish people would stop abusing the term progressive as it is rapidly becoming meaningless.
Calling yourself progressive does not actually make you progressive.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if they brought back Summers and the gang…Chicago School boys comin’ right up…

2 Likes

He’s already there…

The Zombie Invasion of Team Biden
Today on TAP: The campaign confesses that Larry Summers falls upward again
~https://prospect.org/blogs/tap/zombie-invasion-of-team-biden/

As I wrote last week the Biden campaign has been doing its best to conceal Larry Summers’s involvement in the campaign. But now Bloomberg News has outed him…

Status Quo Joe and the 3rd Way DNC fully intend to go right back to the same crap that got us here. Think Groundhogs Day

3 Likes

I have spoken with some Biden supporters that are aware of Joe’s corrupt past in Delaware, but they rationalize it this way: " Biden is corrupt; but Trump is both corrupt and insane"!