Home | About | Donate

50+ House Democrats Rip Fed for Allowing Mass Public-Sector Layoffs by Favoring Big Corporations Over Local Governments

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/06/50-house-democrats-rip-fed-allowing-mass-public-sector-layoffs-favoring-big

Okay so 50+ House Democrats have signed a letter to the Fed Chairman. Which begs the question where are the other 180 or so House Democrats and how do they stand on this issue? Most likely listening to their corporate masters and taking yet another lobbyist bribe or two.

10 Likes

AND THE DEMOCRATS SUPPORTED THAT STIMULUS BILL that allowed it to happen with zero oversight!!! The Democrats voted for it!!! Screw them all.

9 Likes

I dunno maybe Steven Mnuchin has something to do with it, insolvent business deals seem to follow him around like a lost puppie. Look what he did for Sears and many others.

5 Likes

They’re kidding, right??

Whining about the terms the wholly corrupt and illegal fed pushes on unionized federal/state jobs - please spare me the kabuki theatre.

Make no mistake, this uni-party congress is working hard to bankrupt states, bankrupt pensions, destroy unions, etc…etc…

Sure, I’m glad 50 folks signed on, but it’s just a bad joke at this point.

Yes the member of the bailout committee sez he “hopes the fed heeds the Democrats demands “ that’s some kind of oversight, full of transparency and accountability, Ramifications for the fed ?? ho friggen hum

One for me and none for you. Two for me and none for you. Three for me and none for you. All for me and none for you.

Let’s hope November comes.

1 Like

Who is paying you to shill for the Trump campaign?

YOU ARE A FRAUD. GET OFF THESE BOARDS YOU SHILL.

Wow, this is an article pointing out truly horrific manipulation by the GOP to demolish government’s ability to retain workers and you go after the Democrats.

Trump Tower of Bullshit is a shill, And you should be ashamed.

CAN’T SOMEONE AT COMMON DREAMS BLOCK TRUMPTOWEROFBABEL’S ACCOUNT?!?!

The guy is an obvious trump campaign shill. Get him off these boards.

It’s one party. Democrats did the same when they unanimously passed the stimulus bill. This is the result. Why is anyone surprised? Did you think Dems were protecting you from this?

4 Likes

Hi fern:
Yes, Mnuchin—he impIoded that bank in Pasadena CA. too. Treasury man—geez, it seems Iike being good with handing Iarge amounts money would be a high priority skiII for TREASURY. Hmmm, I think I see Madame IaFarge sitting in the corner and knitting furiously! : 0

1 Like

I think you might be onto something. lol

1 Like

Hi 1EdBenti:

No, it would be unfair if he was thrown out----I think t’s important to support FREE SPEECH anywhere, even if we disagree. Trump is intolerant, and to throw TowerofBabeI off because you disagree with his opinion is to become more Trump—Iike. Tower of BabeI is," NOT shouting fire in a pubic theatre…" which I think a Supreme Court Justice set up as a marker. : )