Home | About | Donate

6 Women of Color Who Campaigned for Congress on Inequality and Won

6 Women of Color Who Campaigned for Congress on Inequality and Won

Sarah Anderson

The Democratic Party has regained control of the U.S. House of Representatives and with this shift will come a new cadre of forceful female leaders committed to narrowing the gaps that so divide us.

"In the wealthiest nation in the history of the world, our greatest scarcity is not a lack of resources but the absence of political courage and moral imagination."
—Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

As I said in another post, now we’ll see who gets power and who gets side-lined. Will these women be heard in the new House? Or will their bills get shunted aside, as if they didn’t even exist?

The Democrats are writing their own story now. We’ll see in the coming months which narrative they choose. (My money is on the politics of the past, but I’ve been wrong before, and I hope I am now, too.)

Let’s see: the opposition group still holds the presidency, the Supreme Court, and the Senate. To prevail vs that is very difficult, to understate it.

"The absence of political courage and moral imagination."

This describes the parties of the Duopoly to a T.

Those of us who have grown old and cynical, may tend to agree with you Vox.

Past actions speak louder than words.

What about Lauren?

I was hoping D D Adams would oust Virginia Foxx, but no luck. D D lost by 6% or so…
DD had an impressive agenda. foxx is just an old conservative hag.

Of the Magnificent Six, one in particular, Ilhan Omar, owes it to the rest to explain fully charges that sworn court testimony was false, lest she detracts from the achievements of the other five. This is now a political arena she finds herself in; and politics is relentless, and dirty.

There have been other suspicious moments and actions. Time will tell if we’re willing to listen, but likely at the usual price.