Home | About | Donate

600+ Groups Representing Over Half of Jewish People in US Sign Full-Page Ad in NYT to 'Say Unequivocally: Black Lives Matter'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/28/600-groups-representing-over-half-jewish-people-us-sign-full-page-ad-nyt-say

You blacks, browns, yellow, and red can stay. But not the Jews.
Blazing saddle idiom.

Oooops, sorry it was the Irish that were prohibited. Laugh out loud funny though.

Some lines will last forever.

1 Like

Black Lives Matter.

4 Likes

Great start, what color are Palestinians, their lives matter too.

8 Likes

Palestinian lives matter too to this Jewish elder and many thousands of others across this nation. What Biden did the other day was despicable. BLACK LIVES MATTER AND ALWAYS HAVE TO ME.

7 Likes

Trump is pushing the faithful deplorables so far right, so far toward hate of “the other”, that the left will have a hard time inviting them back into the fold when Biden is elected.

1 Like

Hi fern:
Sadly a lot of Palestinians since 1948 would be described as a dead white color. I am glad that American Jewish groups are speaking up too.

3 Likes

According to the Kanosha police commissioner all blacks ought to be put away one way or another. The sad thing is all police and law enforcement agents think along similar lines. Like computers they all seem to have been programmed by the same source. Not only the cops but white supremacist hate groups all speak with one voice. That voice tells them that blacks aren’t human and should be eliminated in order for whites to live in peace.
Yes indeed good to see some honorable Jews sticking up for the blacks and Palestinians.

2 Likes

The more dust trump can kick up, the foggier his misdeeds become. More distraction. Let’s get back to the ways and reasons trump should be impeached. And that he WOULD be if it were a fair accounting.

1 Like

NO belongs in front of black lives matter.

Here’s a message from ICE CUBE

ICE CUBE Understands Politics! Demands Something For His Vote!
~https://youtu.be/msiR3hxenMo

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

• Frederick Douglass

I guess the biggest difference between George Bush, Barrack Obama, and trump is deaths under their watch. It’s so weird to look back and think about headlines during the Bush and Obama administrations and hear about deaths from war and drone strikes and now we have a president who is known for the very, very high number of American deaths at home due to COVID because of trump’s epic inability to lead. Police overreach leading to outrageous acts of homicide against what appears to be unarmed people of all colors and minorities which leaves no one immune as evidenced with police action against peaceful acts of protest…this kind of aggression has been encouraged and condoned by trump which has led to crazed white racists shooting into crowds and killing innocent people who get in the way of their blind hatred. He is responsible for every one of these deaths. He is responsible for the deaths of American citizens during his watch, because of COVID and death by hate. He breeds hate. He is a cancer on this nation. He needs to be excised. It’s that clear.

2 Likes

Hi Ticki:
I am wondering —is it possible that trump is the one who brought Covid 19 to the White House? He will not wear a mask and doesn’t seem to have it, so maybe he is just the Covid carrier from the Universe that just keeps on giving, and giving, and giving. There is that old saying, “… most nations fall apart from within.” I suppose Trump won’t care about covid 19 unless Ivanka gets it and dies of it. Maybe then he’ll realize the seriousness of this pandemic. : (

Well, that’s good, and it’s still good if nothing else happens.

Might the next step involve cooperation regarding Palestinian lives, or perhaps some movement against poverty and inequality of wealth? We are nowhere near a movement that fulfills the promise of freedom, unity, and safety for all of us" until we manage that.

I don’t know but I can’t figure out how he has immunity when he has had so much exposure. I am wondering more and more if the Russian infiltration could be Melania, as covert Russian asset and spy. I know for sure I’m sick of this gang of criminals posing as first family living off tax dollars.

2 Likes

Our collective soul is reflected in trump. Individually, we are outraged. Collectively, we have to take responsibility for where we are as human beings. Clearly there is a structure built in our social system that is highly toxic and trump has “hugely” exposed this—all the ugly sides of human nature. Greed, racism, arrogance, personal assault with impunity, fraud, and every avarice ever named. He embodies them all. We reject that in ourselves and instinctively know that our species cannot survive with this behavior unchecked. We need to teach each other, by demonstrating in our daily interactions as human beings, how to treat all humanity with dignity as we move forward. I believe we can handle nuclear and climate challenges but it’s the Hitlers and trumps that will destroy the tribes.