Home | About | Donate

700 Groups Release Urgent Call to Stand Against 'Dangerous Tide of Hatred, Violence''

Let it be known that at the core of the world's crushing problems is the role of the government of the United States. Yes! The government of the United States. America's political composition is openly hostile towards American citizens. The federal government, and most state governors, have never been so anti-Constitutional. Without verifiable elections politicians are free to ignore the body politic in its entirety.

Grow up people. There is no legitimate American government when it is spying on its citizens - it's unConstitutional. Without a legitimate government there is no Justice - mandated by the Constitution politicians ignore. There is no legitimate government when it wages global wars without mandated debate in the Congress. There is no legitimate US government when it suspends Constitutional mandates without proscribed processes. There is no legitimacy of government when elections are suspended by the Supreme Court and without any legal justification insert its illegal will over the People.

No one is safe with a federal government composed of the most Constitutionally illiterate S.O.B.'s the country has ever endured.

I was not around when the American Japanese citizens were put in internment camps, but I wonder if that is not the way that many Muslims must feel now; is not similar? And does anyone ever ask why the Muslims in America, are being attacked and demonized? And in many Middle East Muslim countries they are being bombed and droned to death? From my perspective, it has something to do with the Muslim and the Muslim countries being an anathema to the vested interests of the economic elite.

Cui Bono? Who benefits the most from this dangerous tide of hatred and violence?

The US left is long overdue to shed its image - given to it by the timorous hand-wringing liberals - as a bunch of pussys. We need to organize guardian-angel like groups which can confront the racist fascists with force and make these thugs know we mean business.

Not everything in the world can be attributed to deliberate schemings of the "economic elite".

Fascism (I think its safe to call the Trump phenomenon that) historically has risen as a dysfunctional, and unfortunately all-too-genuine, populist reaction against the economically powerful when their pursuit of power goes "a little too far" and the resulting impoverishment expands to include the historically privileged races in a society.

Thanks for your reply. I always appreciate another perspective.

Let it be also known that US corporations play a significant role as governing institutions, overseeing the means of production, distribution of wealth and most of the factors that influence American culture. The American culture of hatred has quite a bit to do with protecting corporate interests, mostly geopolitical interests. Imperialism generates a lot of hatred, fear and suspicion. The US has become Nazi Germany.

This post accidentally "liked." and the "like" apparently cannot be undone.

Who is Sayeed? I know of no hate crimes or harassment of Jews anywhere in the US - quite the opposite.

What does Wesley Clark have to do with abortion?

I abhor Obama's stance on arresting 'would-be terrorists' , which as in Paris , always seem to include climate activists , ecologists and political opponents , especially with 'terrorism', as defined by the government ,being vague and elastic .
The hotbeds of anti-Jewish attacks , by which I mean physical attacks on people who are Jewish and/or vandalism of Jewish property , seems to be way too many of America's college campuses. It is an irony that universities, which are hyperaware of micro-aggressions towards other students, tend to be willfully unaware of macro-aggressions against publicly Jewish students and Jewish campus organisations . The left is even more guilty of it than the right . Pro-Palestinian solidarity movements on campus often elide into the demonisation by double standards of Israel and thence into outright Jew bashing , physical and verbal . If it's happening on today's campuses , it doesn't bode well for the future.

Please take you Isreali Zionist propaganda nonsense elsewhere. Nobody is "bashing" any Jews on any US campuses. It takes a pretty high level of delusion to conflate speaking out for the profound injustices inflicted on the Palestinians with antisemitism.

And there is no "double standard". Israel is the invader and ethnic cleanser and the Palestinians are defending themselves. Becasue they have no tanks and fighter planes, like the invader does, their only option is to defend themselves by the more desperate means used by the Algerians to free themselves against the imperialist French and the Irish used to free themselves from the imperialist British in 1920 the Africans used to free themselves from the racist South Africa.

And way do you conflate the state of Israel and its reprehensible behavior with Judaism?

America has not yet become Nazi Germany , although if Trump is elected, it may well happen . Right now , we're kind of in a grey state: we are no longer an open society , but the iron heel hasn't smashed down on the population as a whole yet . The security agencies haven't started kicking down our doors in the middle of the night and hauling us off to prison camps for comments we've posted online or books we own or the bumperstickers on our cars , for example . On the other hand , it's not a far stretch from the police murders of civilians - overwhelmingly African-American- 1221 so far this year , and the Constitution-free zone 100 miles inland from all 4 borders (encompassing 2/3rds of the country's population) , and the gross abuses by ICE of immigrants in detention camps here to a full-fledged totalitarianism . All it would take is another couple of false flag or genuine terrorist attacks for the tattered remains of our civil liberties and our human rights to be revoked in the name of public safety . The mechanisms are already in place .

I don't conflate Israel and Judaism , but Israel's demonisers in this country and Europe often do. As does Hamas . Their propaganda for home consumption calls for the extermination of Jews , not just Israel. Arab newspapers , from Egypt to the West Bank , routinely publish The Protocols of the Elders of Zion , just like Henry Ford did weekly in the Dearborn Independent prior to WW II . They're even taught in the schools in a number of Muslim countries.
The physical assaults and vandalism on campus that I mentioned have occurred from CUNY to UPenn to UC Irvine and UC Santa Barbara to San Francisco State to Goucher College to U of Maryland to name just a few . I urge you to check out www.armchairinitiative.org for the complete list and accounts by some of the victims of those assaults .
Nor is Israel uniquely evil , although it is uniquely vilified .

"It takes a pretty high level of delusion to conflate speaking out for the profound injustices inflicted on the Palestinians with antisemitism". Agreed but conflating these two issues appears to be a deliberate strategy of AIPAC and other groups lobbying Congress on behalf of Tel Aviv.

This demagogic strategy is indirectly responsible for some anti-Semeticism when Jews worldwide are frequent targets of blame for the actions of the Tel Aviv. World Jewry has as much responsibility for those actions as citizens of Sweden did for the actions of the apartheid regime in South Africa where their only commonality was their white Christian-ness.

All true --

but I think the article is trying to point to this "tipping point" where we might compare it to Kristallnacht in
Germany versus the Jews -- but very easily compared now to Muslims.

Can also be compared to the right wing "War on Women" which we see in the near-washing away of the right
to reproductive freedom in many states.
Despite the fact that the US did everything it could to encourage an extremists form of Islamic teachings to rise --

And here, Brzezinski explains how US/CIA created AlQaeda/Taliban and used it to bait the Russians into
Afghanistan "in hopes of giving the Russians a Vietnam-type experience." It was financed thru ISI-Pakistan.
US troops went into Afghanistan six months before the Russians entered.
Never quite sure just who former Pres. Jimmy Carter really is --
While all of this was going on, he cancelled US participation in the Russian Olympics --
We also saw the "October Surprise" which put Ronald Reagan in office happened on his watch, though it was
Oliver North who headed up the helicopter rescue -- with Secord second in command -- which failed to put
ensure that sand-filters were put on the engines for this desert operation.

Also, those very violent text books Afghan children read and recited from were also a US product, created
here and shipped into the Middle East --
Most Americans will recall seeing scenes of these children repeating these deadly and murderous verses
over and over again on TV.

The CIA's Intervention in Afghanistan
Interview with Zbigniew Brzezinski,
President Jimmy Carter's National Security Adviser

Le Nouvel Observateur, Paris, 15-21 January 1998

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs <"From the Shadows">, that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

B: It isn't quite that. We didn't push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn't believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don't regret anything today?

Q: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter. We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalism, having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Q: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

http://www.takeoverworld.info/brzezinski_interview_shor...

The US spent $100's of millions shooting down Soviet helicopters yet didn't spend a penny helping Afghanis rebuild their infrastructure and institutions.

They also spent millions producing jihad preaching, fundamentalist textbooks and shipping them off to Afghanistan. These were the same text books the Western media discussed in shocked tones and told their audiences were used by fundamentalist teachers to brainwash their charges and to inculcate in young Afghanis a jihad mindset, hatred of foreigners and non-Muslims etc.

Have you heard about the Afghan Jihad schoolbook scandal?

Or perhaps I should say, "Have you heard about the Afghan Jihad schoolbook scandal that's waiting to happen?"

Because it has been almost unreported in the Western media that the US government shipped, and continues to ship, millions of Islamist textbooks into Afghanistan.

Only one English-speaking newspaper we could find has investigated this issue: the Washington Post. The story appeared March 23rd.

Washington Post investigators report that during the past twenty years the US has spent millions of dollars producing fanatical schoolbooks, which were then distributed in Afghanistan.

"The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system's core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books..." -- Washington Post, 23 March 2002 (1)

According to the Post the U.S. is now "...wrestling with the unintended consequences of its successful strategy of stirring Islamic fervor to fight communism."

So the books made up the core curriculum in Afghan schools. And what were the unintended consequences? The Post reports that according to unnamed officials the schoolbooks "steeped a generation in violence."

How could this result have been unintended? Did they expect that giving fundamentalist schoolbooks to schoolchildren would make them moderate Muslims?

Nobody with normal intelligence could expect to distribute millions of violent Islamist schoolbooks without influencing school children towards violent Islamism. Therefore one would assume that the unnamed US officials who, we are told, are distressed at these "unintended consequences" must previously have been unaware of the Islamist content of the schoolbooks.

But surely someone was aware. The US government can't write, edit, print and ship millions of violent, Muslim fundamentalist primers into Afghanistan without high officials in the US government approving those primers.

http://www.tenc.net/articles/jared/jihad.htm

And, of course, Scalia's private war on African Americans -- though I'm not seeing any articles on liberal websites on his most recent racist comments.

Those that think they own us,
seek to keep us at each other's throats,
lest we were to unite around theirs.