Home | About | Donate

A Beacon of Hope: Nevada's Women Lawmakers Pass Abortion Rights Bill

A Beacon of Hope: Nevada's Women Lawmakers Pass Abortion Rights Bill

As most of the country protested a move back to the dark ages for women's rights, Nevada became "the only state (with) something to celebrate" by passing SB179, or the Trust Nevada Women Act, which decriminalizes and lifts several decades-old restrictions on abortion. Credit the country's first majority-female state legislature, which is also Dem-controlled.Women were the only ones who spoke about the bill on the Assembly floor. Welcome to the future.

1 Like

Once again, very glad to be living in Nevada! Yes, it is a desert, but awesomely cool, now, how to get the Bundy clan out of here!

4 Likes

Thank YOU all you elected ladies of Nevada. I had to look up your state motto and hey it’s just in English, no Latin. “All for our Country,” works very well — because ALL is the word that means , Everyone. " So you really proved that by making sure that women have the right to control their own bodies. And then, I looked up your state bird, The Mountain BLUEBIRD, and I think that little one just become the Bluebird of Happiness for so many women. : )