Home | About | Donate

A Blessing in Disguise? It Won't Be His Intention, But Trump Presidency May be Better for Palestine

A Blessing in Disguise? It Won't Be His Intention, But Trump Presidency May be Better for Palestine

Ramzy Baroud

Israel is dizzy. January 20th has been like another Christmas Day and Donald Trump is jolly old Santa Claus bearing gifts.

This does seem like a time, unlike others, where what is done in secret is exposed in public and rather quickly, not 20 years later. As heart breaking as it is, it has been an eyeopener for most people paying attention.
I can see how Trump, by doing all the wrong things, would expose the horrific lies and actions of the right wing Zionist government in Israel. He is also doing it here in the states.
My heart breaks for the Palestinians and their subjugation. They didn't deserve another state to be dropped into their land in the first place, it was a predictable ongoing fight. They don't deserve what Netanwhatever is doing to them on a regular basis. They may not have the support of the US government but they certainly have the prayers and support of many people all over the world.
I hope Mr. Baroud is right and things change for Palestine, they deserve a state of their own, not a one state solution.

The two state solution is probably dead already.

no, the majority of Israeli Jews are immigrants from Muslim countries and their descendants. Your bigotry is compounded by your ignorance

From Wikipedia:

"In 2011, James Risen reported in The New York Times that, "Glenn L. Carle, a former Central Intelligence Agency officer who was a top counterterrorism official during the administration of President George W. Bush, said the White House at least twice asked intelligence officials to gather sensitive information" on Cole "in order to discredit him".[72] "In an interview, Mr. Carle said his supervisor at the National Intelligence Council told him in 2005 that White House officials wanted 'to get' Professor Cole, and made clear that he wanted Mr. Carle to collect information about him, an effort Mr. Carle rebuffed. Months later, Mr. Carle said, he confronted a C.I.A. official after learning of another attempt to collect information about Professor Cole. Mr. Carle said he contended at the time that such actions would have been unlawful."

Please cite your source that he is with the CIA, otherwise you are tagged as one of those seeking to discredit him with your disinformation.

Counterpunch is usually a credible source, but as always everything these days must be read carefully. From the article you cited:

"This is not to claim that Cole is on a mission for the CIA to convince the left to support the imperial wars, most notably at the moment the war on Libya. Nor is this a claim that the revelation about the White House seeking information on Cole was a contrived psyops effort to rehabilitate Cole so that he could continue such a mission. That cannot be claimed, because there is as yet no evidence for it."

So Counterpunch says there is no evidence for what you allege.

"But information flows two ways in any consultation, and it is even possible that Cole was being loaded with war-friendly information in hopes he would transmit it."

So it is possible that he was a dupe or a patsy. I can't argue that folks on the left can be naive when it comes to evaluating the evil of our MIC. The article continues:

"Cole is anxious to promote himself as a man of the left as he spins out his rationale for the war on Libya. At one point he says to Goodman (3/29), “We are people of the left. We care about the ordinary people. We care about workers.” It is strange that a man who claims such views dismisses as irrelevant the progress that has come to the people of Libya under Gaddafi, dictator or not. (Indeed what brought Gaddafi down was not that he was a dictator but that he was not our dictator.) In fact Libya has the highest score of all African countries on the UN’s Human Development Index (HDI) and with Tunisia and Morocco the second highest level of literacy. The HDI is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education and standards of living for countries worldwide."

But Gaddafi was our dictator. He was scared straight after '86 and in the pocket of the US. If Counterpunch doesn't acknowledge this, then I have to ask what their agenda is.Here's a link to his rehabilitation by Bush Jr.:

http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1194766,00.html

As for believing anything...I believe nothing, but you have all the hallmarks of a paid troll.