Home | About | Donate

'A Bullhorn to His White Nationalist Base': Progressive Jews Hit Back After Trump's Anti-Semitic Smear

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/21/bullhorn-his-white-nationalist-base-progressive-jews-hit-back-after-trumps-anti

The thing is, what seems like hamfisted sputtering by Trump turns out fine for him in terms of exciting his base – in this case Christians whose loyalty to Israel is a function of its role in an apocalyptic bible story.

6 Likes

Maybe all those disloyal and dumb liberal Jews need is a little education. We could make them all go to a summer camp where They could learn how to concentrate on what’s really important while they make wallets and go canoeing.
We could send them to concentration camp…

Thank you.

(It seems to me I saw a film once where a guy was giving a speech about dumb and disloyal Jews. I don’t remember the name of the film, but it must have been old as it was in black and white, and subtitled in German)

5 Likes

Disgusting. And you wonder why people call you antisemitic.

1 Like

Please read again without the kneejerk response Paul. The comment by BigB is sarcasm and parody, denouncing trumps comments and obliquely referencing hitler, not antiSemitism.

5 Likes

I guess you don’t get out much.

In all fairness I can’t take credit for the concentration camp joke. Those were the words of Eric Cartman in an episode of South Park many years ago. However, it may have been an obscure reference you didn’t grasp.

But the not so subtle Hitler reference? Surely you recall all the speeches branding the Jews and other Eastern Europeans as disloyal to the fatherland, and of course mongrels?
(Not so) funny how the very same thing seems to be happening again, here in America. Only this time they started with a different minority, the Hispanics. But fear not, if they get away with opening a few concentration camps along the border, how long do you figure before they start rounding up all manner of “dumb” and “disloyal” people?

8 Likes

WTF man! Sarcasm at its finest and you can’t see it!? Might want to take a hard look at oneself my friend. I mean, c’mon…really!?

2 Likes

So, the plan is to keep the majority anti-trumpsters jumping from hourly outrage to hourly outrage by this moral monster while Mitch’s GOP goes about actually destroying the nation?

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-fascist-premise-behind-trumps-attacks-on-jewish-democrats/

5 Likes

I will patiently keep my ear to the ground for any rumblings against current Israel government from DC area. So far, only a few voices out in the wilderness, like Michigan and Minnesota.

I actually do not think Trump is anti-semitic or dog whistling nutzoid haters to do violence. He simply speaks as badly as I write.

I guess the rump wants the remaining 20% of American Jews to vote Democratic. Can’t go to his base with any support from those ‘dirty’ Jews after all.

1 Like

Are you serious?! Have you not heard him speak? More to the point, are you not listening?!

5 Likes

Last week the Providence chapter of Never Again was singing a Jewish prayer when a truck driven by a corrections officer ran into them. Then other corrections officers came running out to pepper spray the demonstrators. The state police watched and did nothing. No, this doesn’t sound good.

6 Likes

You are sooo good people need an interpreter to understand you clearly :-))))) It is a shame we don’t teach the english language anymore.

1 Like

His three grandchildren are jewish.
I have never, ever heard any grandparent anywhere say anything or do anything that would endanger their loved ones.
That is why I wrote that this bumbling idiot, el trumpo, simply does not think at all when he shoots off his ‘reality tv’ mumblings.
His shallow thinking = “” if I make you cry, I win! “”

1 Like

Excellent reply! Saved me a similar post.

2 Likes

“This is why an overwhelming majority… oppose those policies, like unchecked settlement expansion”

I am so glad to hear that. I was on the cusp of thinking that the odious policies of Netanyahu were Jewish. But they’re not Jewish: they’re policies of a racist man who happens to be Jewish.

5 Likes

why is this megalomaniac still allowed to defile the white house? because the likes of PELOSI, HOYER AND SCHUMER are colluding - ugly shit no matter where you look and the stink is polluting every good thing this country ever stood for.

2 Likes

Not all of us missed your sarcasm.

1 Like

What camps? No jews are being rounded up and put into camps. That is a false republican conspiracy theory.

That is the problem. If you criticize the Israeli government, you are called anti-semitic. If you criticize trump, you are unamerican. So we are not allowed to speak up and protest. We are supposed to keep silent while the bigots get to speak openly about their hate.

2 Likes