Home | About | Donate

A Conman, a Liar, and a Rigged System

A Conman, a Liar, and a Rigged System

Peter Bloom

Present Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen is testifying in front of congress today. On the surface, this is an attempt to get to the truth of Trump’s misdeeds as a candidate. Cohen has intimate knowledge of his actions and character, and give a first hand account of hush money payments, WikiLeak conspiracies, and even potentially possible Russian collusion. Republicans, not surprisingly, have been quick to paint Cohen as a quite literally unbelievable. Yet the picture, Cohen provides of Trump is both credible and shocking.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”
― H.L. Mencken, On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

[Far too many of] The people own a lot of this dystopia, with a big assist to the electoral college. “The inner soul of the people” needs some serious mending, yet the moron in the White House can produce nothing but bad medicine.

Nothing will change until someone the opposite of Trump becomes president.

Nothing in this country will change until the ruling Oligarchy are no longer allowed under the law to purchase politicians, and their votes.

1 Like

There’s a misconception that the author buys into, in this story. WikiLeaks didn’t release the Clinton e-mails to help Trump, it was done to expose the corruption inside the DNC, lets not forget that. And lets not forget a young man was murdered for downloading those e-mails and turning them over to WikiLeaks, a murder no one has even been charged with yet. There may not be direct evidence, yet, but there is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence. A true, through investigation of this crime is long overdue.

2 Likes

Let’s say his name ReconFire.

"Seth Rich."

I really believe that if Seth Rich’s murder is investigated seriously, and the true results are allowed to be revealed, the Democrat side of the Duopoly, will explode.

3 Likes

All investigation with regards to Seth Rich would need to be as covert as possible in the National Spy State because those working to find the truth are in danger.But both of you already know that.

1 Like

I’m not sure Seth Rich’s death is on the docket in this particular Congressional rodeo. But, the folks Cohen talked about concerning the Wikileaks’ Julian Assange e-mail dump include Donald Trump, Roger Stone, Donald Trump Jr. and possibly several other Trump extended family members/friends. Not great company, currently.
Your song choice and your general insinuation would of been better served if you’d of selected Buffalo Springfield’s " For What It’s Worth ". An old saw as songs go, for real, but here it seems like a fit. Especially, the " Hey! what’s that sound, everybody look what’s going down ", part.

2 Likes

The fact is, that the National Spy State, takes their orders from those who will not want that truth to ever be revealed.

2 Likes

…what’s going down…our Democracy…the drain…

1 Like

Did U check out this sham and bamboozle? The Big Hanoi Hoodwink? Er… Summit. What a farce. The S. Koreans are living on a militarized reservation where treaties and agreements are a joke. They must know this deep down, too.
Those poor suckers are going to have to buy their way out of The Empire’s giant web of deceit and " real politik ". They’re an occupied territory, imo.

3 Likes

We do not have a democracy of, by, and for the people. In the electoral system we currently have, it will be morons like Trump all the way down. It’s turtles all the way down…

Nothing will change until the rules/laws are changed so that there is no Oligarchy left anywhere in the world. Destroy the Oligarchy and then hit the restart button.

1 Like

Thanks for the name. It will save me time to find articles about a murder I have never heard about. It is a wonder that Michael Cohen is alive.

Stephen Stills lyrics delve into the politics in our time. So perceptive, still applicable, and the eeriness of the music adds drama. Great song!

1 Like

Anyone just now getting shocked about the orange moron’s antics must’ve been hiding under a rock for the last couple years.

Having come of age in the '60’s, this is very moving and disturbing to watch. It is one of the best collages of photos ever joined with this song. It ought to be shown to high school and college students in US history class. Is that still a class/course?

Whenever dealing with Mob Mentality characters, it’s best to have eyes in the back of your head.

Michael Cohen will spend the rest of his life, looking over his shoulder.

I hesitated putting this particular video on here in respect to the numerous Vietnam War Vets.

I hope that I did not offend anyone with these images.

Your comment reminded me of myself and several other mothers who were able to convince their pre-teen kids that they did in fact have eyes in the back of their head. The kids could never be sure since parents frequently know what the kids are doing.