Home | About | Donate

'A Conspiracy to Steal the Election, Folks': Alarms Sound After Postal Worker Reports Removal of Sorting Machines

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/12/conspiracy-steal-election-folks-alarms-sound-after-postal-worker-reports-removal

6 Likes

We will be protesting outside our local post office later today. Every community needs to be engaged in this and to prepare to shut the machine down if necessary.

24 Likes

News Item: UNCLE SAM was found drowned in his own bathtub this morning following an obnoxiously unruly all night long grand old party at the White House.

14 Likes

With only a couple of extremely rare exceptions, the election of and subsequent actions of of every single US government official not only should be considered sabotage, but in fact it is a treasonous, willful, deliberate attack on the United States of America - or at least it was. I don’t know what country this is that they are continuing to attack.

25 Likes

Why are the Dems not impeaching him? Malfeasance and misfeasance that disrupt an important public function for partisan reasons is certainly a “misdemeanor”

“SECTION 4. The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

They should be impeaching him and pointing loud fingers at the GOP until he is gone. Why would they wait?

20 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think this position is an impeachable one. The Post Office is now a quasi-public entity, not a government agency.

Because the head of the executive branch appoints the PMG, it’s a public office within the meaning of Sec 4. Madison even made the point that the Prez cannot shelter an appointee who’s doing things the prez wants done but are bad for the nation.

11 Likes

Most everyone knows my view on this by now but i’ll keep posting until the election is over .
If your going to vote at the polling stations then this doesn’t apply .
If your going to use a “Mail in Ballot” , then DONT mail your mail in ballot . Fill it out and Hand deliver it to the county auditors office immediately after you receive it . If it doesn’t go into the mail system it can’t be delayed or lost . It could be tossed because of massive corruption but at least you have eliminated one big part of the mess.

24 Likes

If the sabotage of the postal service does not work to steal the election for Trump, it certainly could delay the results. Just asking: if there is no clear winner after 01/20/21, does that mean the speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, becomes a temporary POTUS?

5 Likes

Actually he’s appointed by the USPS Board of Governors, not the President. And his appointment is not subject to Senate confirmation.

1 Like

Who appoints the BOG?

1 Like

The President

Or, in the case of the 2020 US gubmit…the DICTATOR appoints the BOG.

7 Likes

Ah, er… I know, I KNOW? Is it, because we’re in a BLATANT oligarchical DUOPOLY? Where all whistleblowers are fired, journalists are blacklisted as “sowing discord,” media is by, for and about wealthy, connected honkies & we lesser folks are so scared, brainwashed and beat down, we dare not even try to discover the awful truth, since all searches by default be logged, our browsing history used against us by some half-assed algorithm, declaring us ALL terrorists?

~https://fair.org/home/on-right-wing-violence-in-texas-medias-silence-sends-message (any coverage eleswhere?)

~https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/08/12/exce-a12.html (it was ~5,800 in NYC, so 54K sounds right?)

~https://www.propublica.org/article/local-officials-say-a-nursing-home-dumped-residents-to-die-at-hospitals#986479 (they’re doing a fund-drive)

~https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200701125506.htm (hey, I’m being facetious, who knows?)

4 Likes

They must’ve caught the last train for the coast.

1 Like

Time for the postal workers to “GO POSTAL”, not killing monsters outright, but…by saying Fuck the boss, and his flunkies, protect your equipment, sabatoge the saboteurs by direct dis-obeying their illegal orders, maybe kidnap that prick dejoy, stick him in a leather sack and send him to puketin, just a wednesday thought people.

8 Likes

I guess that solemn OATH IS IRRELEVANT. Because If we ever needed protection from DOMESTIC ENEMIES… it is now! Especially if Trump manages to steal the election, then we will have Trump and his fellow Republican Fascists, who to me are are far worse than
any foreign terrorists.

9 Likes

He’s not going to be removed and protesting will do no good. It’s in the republicans interest to sabotage the elections and that’s exactly what they are going to try to do. The solution is to get out the vote.

3 Likes

While it is admirable that you are trying to do something, perhaps a door to door campaign may work better? People just do not have the knowledge that most posters here have.

7 Likes

I also think that this is one reason why Trump is letting Covid19 do its thing because it is voter supression along with this.

7 Likes