Home | About | Donate

'A Cowardly Act': Democrat Leads Bipartisan Push to Sneak Criminalization of Pro-Palestinian BDS Campaign Into Must-Pass Spending Bill

'A Cowardly Act': Democrat Leads Bipartisan Push to Sneak Criminalization of Pro-Palestinian BDS Campaign Into Must-Pass Spending Bill

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In what civil libertarians and progressive advocacy groups are denouncing as a "cowardly" sneak-attack on free expression, Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) is reportedly leading a behind-the-scenes bipartisan effort to cram legislation that would criminalize boycotts of Israel into a must-pass omnibus spending package now moving through Congress.

2 Likes

Ben Cardin’s support of the terrorist acts Israel takes against the Palestinian state, is further necessity for BDS.

Ben Cardin’s hatred towards American’s rights to free speech and protests, demand his permanent retirement.

8 Likes

I guess we really all are Palestinians now!

12 Likes

Hey, Cardin, Schumer and the other AIPAC reps—what part of “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press…” don’t you understand???

(What’s even scarier is that this vindictive and obviously unconstitutional law would probably be upheld by a majority of the sitting SCOTUS justices.)

8 Likes

Sen. " Uncle Ben " Cardin ( Uncle Tom for Zionists ) is a good reason to not be a member of the Democratic Party. His attempts to usurp our Bill of Rights ( our most important one at that ) should make every progressive and clear-thinking independent ( Non-Affiliated ) American voter see exactly what buying influence ( $$$ ) does to create The Uniparty Consensus in The Swamp.
Did the Senate not here the rest of world at the U.N. recently? ( Are Schumer & Cardin tone deaf lackeys for Sheldon Adelson and the Republican Dead-Enders on BDS? Sen. Cardin & Jared Kushner, comrades-in-arms under the political comforter of the Likud Party-Ugh!. ) Nicki Haley sure got an earful and it wasn’t the first time , either. More like the 140th and counting.
Additionally, who and what is next on Uncle Ben’s chopping block, here? The Water Protectors ( a # of them ) at Standing Rock brought together int’l groups to support the rights of Native Americans, after all? Evidently, we non-Zionists can have a buttful of globalization in economic policy and financial matters, but " nada " when it comes to our most basic Constitutional rights.
Do the Democrats really want Sen. Cardin ( Mr. Back Door Man ) to be the face of the party on foreign policy matters in the MENA? Really quite unbelievable.

5 Likes

In a strange twist of fate, it could be progressives carrying “AIPAC will not replace us” signs.

These blue dog democrats might as well relocate to Tel Aviv since they are not representing the American voters.

2 Likes

Didn’t BO say we are all Zionist Now

This is the second time in about a year that Cardin has tried to sneak an unconstitutional abridgement of the First Amendment into a bill dealing with BDS. I supported Chelsea Manning’s attempt to primary his ass in the Spring, but he got 81% of the vote. The man has no shame when it comes to his support of all things Zionist. He is truly a tool of AIPAC, him and his Maryland colleague in the House Steny Hoyer, who also kisses Zionist butt.

3 Likes

The #1 Senate collector of $$$ from pro-Israeli groups. Which he passes around, of course. So generous of him.

Absolutely Crucial: always vote LOTE!

If you don’t a Republican might get elected and try to do a sneak move to exempt Israel from the 1st Amendment.

2 Likes

Unless it gets headline attention, i am guessing crickets all around.

"Say it isn’t so, Tank."

1 Like

Highly unlikely. I’d predict the Court to strike it down – perhaps unanimously.

1 Like

Anyone notice - but the government (the politicians) seem to want to control every aspect of life including your thoughts and private matters. They could care less about the constitution and freedom.

3 Likes

Cardin is just the point on Chuck Schumer’s anti-BDS spear.

3 Likes

Do I need a snark tag on that one?

Cuz LOTE voters got us Cardin and his ilk and guess what? They’re trying “to do a sneak move to exempt Israel from the 1st Amendment.”

3 Likes

BDS’s popularity is about to explode. It’s about to go from a radical left-wing cause to a liberal free speech cause, all thanks to Schumer and other principle-deficient Democrats like Cuomo and my representative, Brian Higgins.

4 Likes

HI RockyMpuntainView:
If the Supremes upheld this attempt by the foreign nation of Israel to tear down the First Amendment-------then it could be Guy Falkes Day blowing up the court building instead of doing his unsuccessful explosion of Parliament in the England
Apparently some American politicians are on 2 payrolls… Lay off Assange and go for those traitors in Congress—as party affiliation seems to make no difference. Didn’t some Senator club another one to death on the Senate floor once in long ago history? This could get bloody again. : 0

1 Like

[quote=“mrsannhitts, post:6, topic:58363”]
The Uniparty Consensus in The Swamp
[/quote] :o

Well I wrote to my “uniparty guys” to tell tell them that the citizens do not want government to have yet another tool to criminalize actions against what they consider objectionable.

2 Likes