Home | About | Donate

'A Crime in Plain Sight': Lindsey Graham Under Fire for Soliciting Campaign Donations in Senate Building

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/15/crime-plain-sight-lindsey-graham-under-fire-soliciting-campaign-donations-senate

4 Likes

And what will happen? Nothing.

This is the new normal of corruption expected from politicians today.

The next new low will be proper endorsements of commercial goods. I can see it now - Lindsey will be holding a can of Coca-Cola and smile into the camera to say, ‘And that question is brought to you by the sweet tasting soft drink - Coca-Cola. Let it fill your soul with wonder.’

8 Likes

Compared to Trump’s transgressions this ain’t no big thing. Now if he had outdone Trump, the Orange Pustule might just have exploded. Shoot off some fireworks next time Lindsey, rainbow colors and all espousing your forever love for Trump and give your website. C’mon, it’s OK if you are a Republican, don’t you know. Judge Amy will find a way to send you to the stockade, but you just have not figured that one out yet, have you. Read up on her and then swipe some Depends from your Hero’s secret stash, you are going to need them.

2 Likes

If he clearly broke a law, those charged with enforcing that law should do their jobs. If nobody
has the responsibility of enforcing the law, then there should be no such law. Graham would agree that the U.S. is a nation of laws and that no one is above the law, so he would happily submit to his prosecution.

5 Likes

No one is going to hold Graham or any other asshat republican accountable for anything. Who would do so? Trump? McConnell? House dems? Not eff’n likely.

If Biden wins this election, we should all pour into the streets the first time he even remotely suggests looking to the future instead of the past. I want his AG to go after these criminals right out of the gate.

9 Likes

Nothin’ wrong with that. Gimme the money. Money is speech. Freedom and Murca! Greed is good. Zombie ideas rule DC. But it don’t matter none cuz all they is simulacra of ideas, simulacra of thoughts. Doublethink simulacra. That’ll do. Hookers and booze.

4 Likes

Another openly criminal Repulsicon Senator.

Charge him.

Now.

6 Likes

Has a day gone by during the first two decades of the 21st century that some GOP operative hasn’t committed “a crime in plain sight” ? And that was after nearly all “corporate crime” and “white collar crime” was decriminalized during the fourth quarter of the 20th century.

The only thing that has changed is the magnitude and frequency of those crimes.

9 Likes

No jail time, just daily outrage fodder on D-leaning websites. But if he had been a black man with a counterfwit $20–instant death penalty, no trial needed.

Really. wouldn’t it have been something if Capitol police pulled him away from the cameras, threw him on the ground and knelt on his neck until he suffocated to death and then read Trump’s tweet the next day, “If we can’t have law and order in the very halls of the Legislature, we are indeed a shithole country!”

11 Likes

Before Trumpo the Traitor was nominated this little weasel called him a “kook” and unfit to be president. After Trumpo “won” Graham turned into one of his biggest brown nosers and shills. This soliciting campaign is an overt and arrogant violation of the Hatch Act and this asshole should be expelled by a 2/3 vote. Of course that will not happen because the Senate is full of Trumpo loyalists. They are on the verge of confirming an obscene replacement of Ginsburg by installing this appalling right-wing cultist, Amy Barrett Our government is deeply broken and the best we can hope for is that Graham loses to his challenger. However, that race is in one of our most regressive and idiot states, South Carolina. I’m certainly not counting on this little shit being removed from office by Jaime Harrison, who is black. I know that Harrison has a slight lead now but I’d bet that will be overturned when people actually vote.

7 Likes

Conservative owned democrats will do nothing, as usual.

4 Likes

Or as @BigB pointed out recently, Graham cracker will be re-elected after Trump’s KKK fanboys open fire on polling places in largely black neighborhoods.

1 Like

As Mark Twain said, "History doesn’t repeat itself, but it certainly rhymes."
To those who still actually read the printed word, I say, read German history from the 1930’s and '40’s. Read both sides, the writings of those who fought or opposed Hitler and of those who drank Hitler’s Schnapps (no Kool-aid in Germany at the time.) worshiped him and marched into the abyss with him.
Then, look out the window and get to work. The rhyme is getting louder.
;-})

6 Likes

So what’s new? Republicons lie, break laws and no accountability. At a Rep Peter DeFazio in Portland four or six years ago bought a sign “we’re not perfect but they are nuts”. Well they are insane/corrupt greedy sycophants.

However, I have come to the conclusion that we are not a nation of law and order for the ruling class i.e. politicians, administrators of politicans, greedy power hungry wealthy 1% to 10%. But for we the people full force and sometimes corrupt justice.

2 Likes

This nation is not run by law and order for the wealthy politicians and corporate tycoons.

2 Likes

This demands an investigation by the head of the Senate Judiciary committee! Heavy sigh …

The real problem is cheating and even breaking the law is standard practice for the party of repugnant’s. And what’s worse is their supporters are perfectly fine with it.

“Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy that did not commit suicide.”

John Adams

The entire GOP Tea Party are channeling Jack Palance as in , “Make me”.

1 Like

This thread is about Lindsey Graham, not some democrat.
Republicans like Graham think some rules only apply to those that can’t or won’t try to subvert them.

Isn’t it that “capitalist” democracy fails?

Failure Adams writes comes as a result of corruption.

1 Like