Home | About | Donate

A Cruel Disaster

A Cruel Disaster

As we celebrate our own close-to-home blessings this fraught Mother's Day, we honor thousands of mothers ripped from their kids by a barbarous regime impervious to the grief, terror, lifelong trauma they've inflicted. Of over 2,800 families, hundreds remain separated because inept thugs "lost them." They must be reunited, a court says, despite mindless thugs whining it's so hard: "The hallmark of a civilized society is measured by how it treats its people and those within its borders."

Tip of the iceberg that sunk the USS America. The Oglala Lakota at Pine Ridge have been denied disaster aide. If you are of color good luck on being able to vote. If you are poor, you now will be made poorer. The list is almost endless, this list of assaults on logic, sanity and common decency. It is no longer common, this decency. If you are a woman on Mother’s Day good luck claiming your body as your own. We are no longer a civilized society. We have become a cesspool of hate in Trumpville. How many tears can one shed due to this loss? When will my eyes dry up? When will I run out of tissues to blow my nose into?

I must confess I am a good Mother. I would never have crossed another country’s border illegally with or without my children. I taught my children to respect rules and laws. I taught my children not to lie or break the law. Crossing into our country illegally is the Mother’s and Fathers poor choices which unfortunately causes suffering for their unfortunate children. Teaching them that they can break laws and lie and cheat and steal are also very poor values to teach children. My Mother raised four children by herself working three jobs. She taught us to be honest, respectful and law abiding and to not take things that do not belong to us. Life is about making choices right and wrong. Two wrong choices do not make a right choice. The parents are teaching these children that they do not have to obey laws and they can disrespect the laws of other countries. I blame the parents and feel these children would fair much better without the poor role models that their parents represent.