Home | About | Donate

"A Dark Moment": Voting Rights Groups Condemn Trump's Election Commission

"A Dark Moment": Voting Rights Groups Condemn Trump's Election Commission

Julia Conley, staff writer

Civil rights advocates are blasting the first meeting of President Donald Trump's so-called "Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity" which was held Wednesday to begin its supposed mission of assessing "the registration and voting processes used in Federal elections." Critics say the commission is using the non-existent problem of "voter fraud" as a smokescreen to keep minorities and other Democratic voting blocks from casting ballots.

There is plenty to investigate with US elections. Not voting fraud though. That’s rare. I doubt Kobach et al will be investigating the voter suppression that occurred in Milwaukee and Detroit. I doubt they will be investigating the accuracy of Kobach’s Crosscheck. I doubt they will be investigating hacking of voting machines by Russians or whoever. I doubt they will be investigating these and other vulnerabilities to the election process.

If they do anything - they should look at the 2000 and 2004 elections which were fraudulent. I don’t think they will do that because it doesn’t fit their agenda. This is a fraud commission whose main agenda is to eliminate any voters who do not follow the agenda of the republican fraud organization. This is just another diversionary tactic to use while they subvert the whole intent of a government that serves the people.