Home | About | Donate

'A Disgrace': Trump's DOJ Schedules Three More Federal Executions in Days Before Anti-Death Penalty Biden Takes Office

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/21/disgrace-trumps-doj-schedules-three-more-federal-executions-days-anti-death-penalty

5 Likes

“Trump will have overseen 14 executions in seven months.” That makes him a serial killer. Then lets look at his sabotage of covid responses as the equivalent of biological warfare on the American public.

22 Likes

Trump’s Murderous LIST!

Thousands of Americans—DEAD, while Trump celebrates their death by Covid,
Attempted Murder by trying to kill off ACA.
Trump’s prisons specialize in removing immigrant women’s reproductive organs.
Bringing back the death penalty
Attempted murder of federal forest lands and creatures.
His attempt at playing a devious God who separates parents and children.
Actual work at upending and ending the Constitution.
An inability to speak TRUTH about anyone or anything.
Thise are my top 8 complaints—please addd the ones that I have overlooked . : (

18 Likes

I think we all know that the ability to exert scheduled death is a special thrill to Trump. Remember his “I could shoot a man on 5th Avenue…” remark? There was a hint of longing in his voice as he made it. Yes, he longs to take out innocent Iranians, too, just so he would have something to strut around about. A one-hundred percent sociopath.

15 Likes

Republicans are the embodiment of stupidity and death.

8 Likes

Lisa Montgomery was psychotic in technicolor when she committed that crime. She probably still is psychotic, but able to maintain in a structured environment. She should definitely not be killed, Or ever let out.

Orlando? I’d have flipped the switch on him myself, if I’d been asked He was a psychopath and offered nothing that the world would ever need.

Brandon? Given that the prosecutor thinks he should live out his life in prison, I’d go for that too. But based on his having ZERO infractions in an environment where it’s all but impossible to avoid them, I’d consider him for release when he’s in his 40s or so.

1 Like

There’s a reason the rest of the world sees the USA as a barbaric country.

14 Likes

Pro life only for the unborn. Death penalty and war no problem. Gotta love Christian hypocrisy.

19 Likes

This gives a warm thrill, satisfaction and joy to every single republican voter without exception, the Idea they can needlessly kill others with impunity seems fundamental to their ethos.

5 Likes

Do you have the total execution count for Obama? It seems like I remember over 90% of the folks he executed were considered collateral damage. I would think Libya alone would make Obama a far more murderous president.

That said Trump is also irredeemable.

10 Likes

Obama murdered extra judiciously by drone assassination, no trial, no due process, and over 90% of the time they were innocent of any wrongdoing. There is no will to do anything about this new found preoccupation of our federal government by any mainstream political party. How was it that the right wing neo-liberal democrats put it in the primaries? “Impractical!” That’s what they call anything if it is just, necessary, and moral: i.e. not approved by Exxon, Raytheon, and their other right wing corporate masters.

9 Likes

If Trump want’s people executed, make him come down to the jail and strangle the people with how own bare hands.

The one’s who piss me off more or the jail personnel who agree to carry out this state sanctioned sociopathic murder and all the other members of government who agree to enforce Trump’s plutocratic and racist platform.

5 Likes

Be careful what you say. When Trump 2.0 comes around in 2024, there may be hell to pay for all of us who fail to acknowledge Jesus Christ as our personal saviour. Remember, according the the Christian bible, those of us who call the religion into question are to be Stoned to death:

Leviticus 24:13-16

13 The Lord said to Moses, saying:
14 Take the blasphemer outside the camp; and let all who were within hearing lay their hands on his head, and let the whole congregation stone him.
15 And speak to the people of Israel, saying: Anyone who curses God shall bear the sin.
16 One who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer. Aliens as well as citizens, when they blaspheme the Name, shall be put to death.

3 Likes

From the Gospel of Luke:
Luke 19: 27: "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them — bring them here and kill them in front of me . '”

4 Likes

Yup. That’s pretty much the mindset of the neo-fascists.

3 Likes

Your headline makes a dubious distinction between the outgoing and incoming presidents. Aside from the timing and historical context of these executions, and the fact that we know the names and some information about the victims, they stand as a tiny fraction of the millions of innocent civilians murdered by “Anti-Death Penalty Biden” in the Mid-East forever for-profit wars or the de facto execution of hundreds of thousands of black and brown victims of the Biden-engineered for-profit mass incarceration system that has made the US the world’s largest penal colony. In comparison, Trump’s real “disgrace” is his arrogant disdain for the mask of political correctness that cost him a second term and the opportunity to claim the title of “World’s All-Time Greatest Mass Murderer”. After four years of Biden-Harris, however, his chances for a comeback should not be discounted.

8 Likes

I think the main problem is that Biden will abolish the death penalty just before Trump gets to demonstrate it.
Wotta pity!
;-})

2 Likes

American voters this month decisively chose to elect an anti-death penalty president instead of him.

And this will be the precise reason Trump will be going full steam ahead with the executions.

1 Like

death and destruction is all they know!

3 Likes

totally agree!