Home | About | Donate

A Dozen Google Employees Resign Over Pentagon Drone Contract, as 4,000 Workers Demand End to Project

A Dozen Google Employees Resign Over Pentagon Drone Contract, as 4,000 Workers Demand End to Project

Julia Conley, staff writer

About a dozen Google employees have resigned in protest of the tech giant's involvement in an artificial intelligence (AI) collaboration with the U.S. military, in which Google is participating to develop new kinds of drone technology.

Isn’t Google’s motto “Do Good” or something like that? Collaborating with US military on war machines is the opposite.

Accolades to the Google, employees! lets hope this " ethical activism" spreads to other employees in other war profiteering, companies, who realize that they have blood on their hands each time they cash their paychecks.

Assembling bombs, rockets and drones on that third shift line. $17.50/hr. Nice work if you can get it. (Sarcasm)

I had a well paying civilian job with the US Navy. I left 15 years ago making close to $75K/year at that time, no longer able to stomach my own hypocrisy. Life is more austere now, but at least I can look at myself in the mirror with a little less guilt.

Thanks for your service to humanity and I don’t blame anyone because I realize that many may be uncomfortable with their war profiteering, employment, but when you have a family to support and a mortgage to pay it is easy to be insouciant and to remain in denial.

Amerika’s Fourth Reich has copied the Third Reich in many ways including employment. I have read that if the average German citizen wanted a well paying job in Nazi Germany, they had to belong to the Nazi Party.

When corporate America has a slogan, the reality is the opposite. Who really wants to be an Oscar Mayer Wiener?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNddW2xmZp8

Teaching ‘go along get along’ to kids so they will be compliant with the war machine.

Just another reason to boycott Google by using another search engine like DuckDuckGo. Shame that they have a tight control though on Youtube where most progressive news shows uploads their content on.

Ecosia is good too because they plant trees. But, I prefer DuckDuckGo because it doesn’t track you.

Their informal, unofficial slogan used to be “Don’t Be Evil.” It was never formally adopted by the corporation.

Good for Google! Conjecturing the principal demographic of Google employees, I’m hoping it’s a sign that young adults in America are wising up to the obscenity of the US military budget and behavior overseas. Now if we can get them to vote . . .