Home | About | Donate

A Dream Where Our Differences Are Erased

A Dream Where Our Differences Are Erased

Improbably, we found a welcome break from MAGA-hatted punks and the debacle of D.C. in Wichita, Kansas, where immigrant artists are breaking down barriers, celebrating disparate cultures, uniting Latino and African-American neighborhoods, and oh yeah painting reportedly the world's largest, wildest mural on grain elevators. The goal of the community project by Horizontes: "It's building that black and brown solidarity...telling our stories...reclaiming our space."

1 Like

I understand the need and desire for this work, it is very important. There can be no doubt…but…who is being excluded? We need to reframe this as “all of our shadows are the same color”, no one should be excuded.

1 Like

smdh…(sigh)

1 Like

HI Ditton… I love that: " all our shadows are the same color." : )

Loved the art and the reasoning behind it. Like buffalospirits, I “smdh” after reading Ditton’s comments. I’m delighted to know of highly conscious community organizing resulting in good efforts and quality work in the Heartland. Thanks for publishing this story.

Thank you…years ago I raked my brain trying to figure out how to get inclusion across in a blunt but harmless way. Share it, spread it around, everyone has to be included for this thing called life to work.

1 Like