Home | About | Donate

A Dying Man’s Gift of Awareness

A Dying Man’s Gift of Awareness

Robert C. Koehler

“Tell them, I want everybody to know, I want everybody on the train to know, I love them . . .”

Beautifully stated by both author and subject. May it be well-read.

But if love was the cornerstone then the MIC would go out of business ... hmmmmm :thinking:

Another beautiful piece promoting peace from Robert Koehler! I truly look forward to his weekly messages of empathy, kindness, peace and love. Thank you, Robert, for looking at events in terms of humanity. You are one of the very few!

About 20 years ago I was hit by a car while riding my bike. After being pulled off the road by bystanders and while laying (lying?) there looking up at the sky I was spontaneously overwhelmed by a sense of incredible, object-less, love.

I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I had been meditating regularly for about 20 years up to that time and occasionally had experienced something similar to that. Since then, my meditaions have been more of a devotional participation/surrender into and utter absorbtion in what I might call (if "forced" to call "It" anything) the Divine Reality or Unconditional Nature of conditional reality.....Unspeakable Love.

lying is the word. doesn't matter your message is clear!

thank you for sharing. meditation is the path to a deeper understanding of our connection with all that exists with us. yet those whose minds remain boxed in to the material, three dimensional world cannot comprehend what you have experienced.

oh, i'm so glad koehler mentioned this:
Two days later, a former employee entered the RV accessory business in Orlando, Fla., from which he had been fired in April and started shooting, killing five people. He then turned the gun on himself.

i've been looking for an opportunity to discuss this event since first hearing about the killing spree. the newscaster i heard called the attacks a senseless crime, a man gone off the deep end. my suggestion would be to consider the effects of post traumatic stress disorder. the warrior code has a long history of denial. in ww1 the term was shell shock. "just a momentary emotion that will lessen in time." those suffering in ww2 were feeling "battle fatigue." "hey a good nights sleep will make everything alright!" next came the clinical "post traumatic stress disorder" and now the condition is described like a text message, pstd. our young people go to war and for most what they see and what they take part in is against everything they've believed about virtue and the true meaning of how we should treat one another. killing people, people they don't even know, conflicts with everything they've been taught to hold sacred. these soldiers return to our society horribly emotionally damaged. yet they're called heroes. military psychiatrists encourage them to see that they've acted righteously and should be proud of their service. also, these damaged ones are cautioned not to discuss their problems. that only shows their weakness and would reflect poorly on their fellow soldiers. gee, they already feel bad enough!

the orlando man is a veteran of this nation's aggressive and illegal wars. he and others like him are unrecognized casualties of war! yet he's expected to pick up his life as a civilian as if the things he saw and did have no bearing. i'd bet ptsd has a lot to do with his inability to preform at work and his mental breakdown. he was trained to solve problem by killing.

This is a wonderful article: beautiful sentiment, beautifully written. The piece made me want to cry in despair and yet it delivered some hope that we are not all morally dead, yet. When I first saw the photo of the man, Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, held up by his mother, I thought it was a picture of Jesus. Perhaps it was.

the matrix! when i asked people what they thought i go one of two conflicting opinions:
1) "that makes no sense at all!"
2) "yeah, this is so true!"