Home | About | Donate

'A Fact-Free Sham Trial Perpetrated in the Dead of Night': McConnell's Trump Cover-Up in Senate Begins

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/21/fact-free-sham-trial-perpetrated-dead-night-mcconnells-trump-cover-senate-begins

1 Like

Mitch couldn’t get away with this if he weren’t so good-looking. The Southernization of the US goes on.

6 Likes

Elbruco,

No offense but I think you might benefit from glasses.

12 Likes

Once again: THANK YOU KENTUCKY VOTERS FOR THE TURTLE!

5 Likes

The House has taken their fact free limp noodle called ‘impeachment’ to the Senate
for a fact free shame ‘trial’. Now that is what I call bipartisan politics.

Get on with this circus … the sooner the better so Bernie can get back on the campaign.
First we need to deal with the Democrat Establishment. Then dispatch Trump. It will be much
easier to dispatch Trump at the ballot box than Pence. Pence will consolidate the Republicans
and you have not seen a F*****Up America until you see a President Pence in action.

2 Likes

Scoundrels and above all else - hypocrites! No evidence is declared fair by the Repubs. Try explaining that to your kids!

9 Likes

Meanwhile let’s everybody ignore that the GAO has reported that Trump’s withholding aid from an ally during a war was illegal. Got it.

7 Likes

Since when is abuse of power and obstruction of congress clearly evidenced by withholding documents and forbidding witnesses to testify, a ‘thin record’? Where is the ‘fairness’ you speak of when all attempts to call witnesses and produce documents is thwarted by the very man under impeachment? Methinks you watch too much Faux News.

8 Likes

THIS is the Republican cabal telling us by showing us how they will complete the Coup by Keeping Trump in the white house after he loses in November. They have no intention of giving up power. Get Ready.

4 Likes

More important than raising the bar for impeachment, is the justifying of lying, cheating, changing trial obligations, legalizing illegality, normalizing coverup tactics, honoring lawlessness, and not having witnesses at a trial.
This allows the next democratic president to do whatever the f—k he or she wants, bar none. There is now precedent for a coup, and ignoring our constitution.
Lastly, when we come full circle and by precedent, the democrats become just as lawless as the republican party, who the hell will want to follow any laws. Riots in the street, looting and murder, no problem, everything is now legal. Might as well burn the constitution and every f—ing flag along with it.

4 Likes

Looks like the Yankee’s lost the war after all; this BS shouldn’t even be possible much less a reality.

2 Likes

Yes, Lincoln should have just let the southern states secede and decay into a third world nation rather than having them drag the rest of the nation down for the past century and a half. Yes, I know that Lincoln was afraid that California would side with the confederates, but sometimes you need to take calculated risks.

6 Likes

I partly agree more evidence should have been sought, but it became obvious that the courts had no intention of acting timely. So this thing would have run nearly to the next election. An uncomfortable choice either way.

2 Likes

“The House has taken their fact free limp noodle…”

…You lie like a ReThugliCon, talk about ‘fact free’, Geezus Kryst!

Although Smerl is spot on that Ayatollah Pence will be at least as bad as Trump and even harder to beat in November.

3 Likes

Aren’t the White House documents that are being withheld the same as the Nixon tapes?

3 Likes

My governor is a republican in a rather blue state, but will not comment on the Trump fiasco, meanwhile all the republicans (and especially the leadership) does everything in their power to thwart a very legitimate impeachment … I say to my republican governor Baker … ALL REPUBLICANS ARE TRUMP BASTARDS, now is the time to abandon your party (you could become a democrat, it is almost the same basic philosophy) but make a stand unpatriotic coward!

2 Likes

I double your charge, and Senator Johnson ® WI. is a trump bastard as well, and an unpatriotic coward.

There is little else more important than getting trump out of the White House.

4 Likes

Trump was never going to be found guilty in the Senate so the quicker this ends the better. When Nancy decided against airing all of Washington’s dirty laundry the public quickly lost interest and prefer to move on to more important things. At least Dems can make Migch wear it around his neck like a millstone but they’ll screw that up too.

2 Likes

Too bad about the “public” if they have other concerns in life, it is up to our “leaders” to take action against this gangster and it is totally on the Republican Party at this point.

2 Likes