Home | About | Donate

A Growing List of Lawmakers and Groups Support Impeaching Trump or Invoking the 25th Amendment

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/07/growing-list-lawmakers-and-groups-support-impeaching-trump-or-invoking-25th

4 Likes

The 25th is a red herring. But, if the house could impeach ASAP, and if the Senate (i.e., McConnell) allows a Senate vote, I think there are enough GOP votes to pass to convict. But , even If Mc Turtle refuses to hold hearings, that will be on him, he will own it. And, if he allows the vote and the GOP’s vote NO like last time, then that is on them (the GOP’s) and they will own it. Either way, It is all a win win for Democrat’s. And the bastard will be the first President to be impeached twice.

8 Likes

Twelve days left before Biden takes over. They will make all the right noises and jawbone this down to 12:01pm, January 20. Then It will be “time to leave this sad chapter of our great history in the past, where it belongs and move forward.”

6 Likes

Expel the entire Coup Klutz Klan, starting with Hawley and Cruz, and do so before the impeachment votes.

6 Likes

Radicals from the right had better learn how to discern truth from lies or some of them are likely to get hurt one way or another.

4 Likes

Only to watch it come back to haunt us again. We must kill this beast dead now!

7 Likes

Either way, he needs to be unable give orders, and it must be immediate. We are down to the wire here, we haven’t a minute to waste. The world is in grave danger.

5 Likes

its oligarchs playing chicken.
Nancy says she’s waiting for Pence to invoke the 25th and if he doesn’t THEN she might do something.
Theyre both trying to run out the clock and be in a position t blame the other guy.

Kabuki once again

9 Likes

I have Saturday,1/9 at 11:30 a.m. in the Trump resignation pool!

The case against Trump is compelling, and the WSJ has already offered him the deal - “resign, and control your own fate, like Nixon did, or face impeachment.”

The only question now, is if he can cut a deal that includes his kids, and Jared, or is he going to have to cut them loose to save his own orange ass!?

2 Likes

A worthy and well directed concept, but I don’t think it is a beast that you can kill, since it is ideological in its nature. It is a struggle for all mankind, and for every generation. The best weapon we have is our integrity…

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan.

750 billion in defense spending, and we couldn’t keep a bunch of trump/Fox Noise instigators at bay.

7 Likes

The McConnell-controlled Senate is in recess now. I’m too lazy to look up the rules on it, but I think that could delay a trial. But the Democratic caucus met today to strategize getting articles on the floor and Nadler agreed to basically skip his committee (Judiciary).

3 Likes

~https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/some-among-americas-military-allies-believe-trump-deliberately-attempted-a-coup-and-may-have-had-help-from-federal-law-enforcement-officials/ar-BB1cypbi

This article also cites involvement of Capital Police and has discussion with a previous Capitol Policeman.

1 Like

I’m afraid they knew Trump was lying or at least many of them did but went along anyway because Trump is a racist just like them. They prefer a fascist racist tyrant over a nation of peace and justice for ALL. They’re trying to set the clock back at least 100 years when the whiteman was lording it over the blacks, the Chinese, the natives and the women.

3 Likes

People are way better armed these days. The odds are that a lot more of THEM would die than would have 100 years ago are much greater.
I’m sure those Harvard grads no from lying. Which makes them all the more dangerous.
But are they smitten the same way the general public has been?

I loathe Trump as much as any of the people cited in this article. Loathe him to my core for what he has done for the country that I have striven to improve through my career and that my father volunteered to serve and ended up in the 71st Infantry Division under Generals Bradley and Patton among others fighting the Nazis through France, Germany, and Austria all the way the Elbe River to meet the Russians. So yes, I loathe Trump to my very core for myriad reasons.

Beyond that, however, we must remember that we are also dealing with a cult. How he is disempowered must not martyr him or we will create problems that are of an unpredictable nature. I was hoping that his self implosion would do the trick and his cult followers would see their emperor’s new clothes for what they are, but that did not seem to play out. Taking away his social media is a great step in disempowering him, as his followers are now rudderless and each cell must act on its own. Fortunately, the stupid runs deep in the cult and they post pictures of their “glory” on social media, making the FBI’s job just a bit easier. Having driven over the entire continent on the backroads from 2017-2019 I have seen pockets of cult members and they are legion, but most are probably not violent. The violent ones must be made to pay if we are to avoid the next fascist putsch. Let’s get Trump BY ALL MEANS, but let’s look ahead at the same time. Fascism is patient, we MUST be VIGILANT.

4 Likes

Trump made a statement today that he will be a good boy??? He acknowledged that Biden had won and said there will be a smooth transition.
The House should Impeach him-----put that mark on him----and Dems were proved right in impeaching him the first time.

Maddow was reporting tonight that the Sec of Def was refusing to let the guard come in to protect the Capital–he was not taking calls–Hoyer was calling the Gov of Maryland for help—but he could not get authorization----finally the Sec of the Army called the Gov and they took that as a go ahead. It really looks like Trump’s goal was to leave the Capital defensless-----The Capitol police twice rejected help???

1 Like

How can this list be growing? Have they all been camping in the wilderness for the last 6 years? Did it somehow escape their attention before that he’s been mentally ill his whole life? Or did they forget? Did they not notice the whole party shares his illness?

I get it that getting on board for the 25th or impeachment before was pointless because the Republicans controlled the Senate and would never have let it pass but now that the Republicans control the Senate and will never let it pass and they’re, wait, why are they suddenly on board for pointless actions? Oh, yeah, because they can say they want to do it and then not do it because damn, we ran out of time. Just like the gray Democrats pass really progressive budgets when they control the House but not the other 2 houses, but when they rule all 3 and can actually pass things every bill that moves is right wing.

And if Nancy Pelosi weren’t a lying right wing hypocritical manipulative psychopath, she wouldn’t have any personality at all.

2 Likes

I like to tell my Trumpie nieces and nephews that their Grandfather was in the original Antifa Squad in the Rainbow Division in Europe during the Battle of the Bulge. That he fought and killed many fascists with his machine gun (even though he never dealt with the PTSD from the experience). You can see the light bulbs going on above their heads sometimes.

Then I tell them that the seditionistas storming the Capitol are not heroes. They are mere clones of those Nazis their Grandfather fought in 1943. Sometimes they almost believe me, but Trump seduces them with his Devil’s silver tongue.

5 Likes