Home | About | Donate

'A Message That Would Fit Just Fine in a Paul Ryan Speech': Biden Pilloried for Ad Celebrating Private Health Insurance Industry

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/26/message-would-fit-just-fine-paul-ryan-speech-biden-pilloried-ad-celebrating-private

3 Likes

What Biden’s advertisement does not say is how much people pay for their private insurance.

Another criticism is the the visual message is paternalistic in that even if that woman is five feet tall she and buy-dung should be sitting next to each other, not having her standing looking up to the pervert. Subtle messages are powerful propaganda.

8 Likes

The subtle message from Biden is only hard-working people deserve good health care. He’ll get a lot of angry bigots to vote for him, especially the ones who have been taught to think that half the country is on welfare.

7 Likes

" As Common Dreams reported…a Morning Consult/Politico poll found that 55 percent of voters, and 78 percent of Democrats, support a Medicare for All plan that phases out private insurance, as long as they are able to keep their providers."

“Phases out” and ‘keep provider’ - this is good political strategy: conceptually, ‘transitional period’ underscores goal of getting rid of private insurance; practically, locks goal into a bill and begins shift from the start, keeping the providers important to many.

2 Likes

… sounds just like 1950’s Dems BS.

2 Likes

Biden endorses Republican Congress members ( Upton ) why shouldn’t he sound like Paul Ryan. Who supported Upton, as well.

12 Likes

Drug and insurance companies do EVERYTHING and say ANYTHING to LIE to the American public about how Medicare for All doesn’t work — and costs more money. They talk BS.

We can undertand that.

But when a presidential candidate says the same thing … THAT shows a level of STUPIDITY or COLLUSION that should be disqualifying from the get-go.: THAT is Uncle Joe Biden!

19 Likes

If we end up with Biden we will lose to Trump again. It may not matter much anyway if we can’t take the Senate. Maybe we will have to survive another four years of Republicans before reality can no longer be denied.

11 Likes

What a horrible, immoral and corrupt rat Biden is. You know, Harris finally went after him on something directly, busing. The media, if it wasn’t just corporate propaganda, could have expanded on that. Biden worked with his buddy Strom to pass horrible anti drug bills that harmed the black community, his crime bill, him proudly supporting the destruction of a wide range of programs that benefited communities of color and the poor, his pushing for more brutal austerity. It should have opened the floodgates on his horrible right wing record. But, it didn’t, and Bernie, Warren, didn’t go after him tons either. So his zombie dumpster fire of a campaign lived on and has bounced back a bit. I will not vote for him if the Democrats are stupid enough to nominate him.

Keeping these inefficient companies at the center of the system and keeping the chaotic multi payer system in place guarantees that the system will remain horribly inefficient, job lock will ramain, as will bankruptcies. Whatever changes are put in place will be small. His crappy ideas are nowhere near as good as single payer, and he might as well be a damn lobbyist.

16 Likes

Fuck DINO-saur Joe Biden and to hell with all the yahoos on so-called “Democratic Underground” for carrying this sellout’s water. Biden can’t change his record - his campaign hacks can only try to cover it up and make us forget while they try to sell the New Joe Biden to us. Just remember that when this old jerk announced his candidacy for the nomination the first people he sucked up to for money were the usual mucky mucks. Plus, the DNC shills for the oligarchy would love to see this phony become the nominee. Either way, if Biden wins or Trump wins they win too because the same vested interests that fund both parties will be in control.

11 Likes

Shame on any asshole who calls themselves progressive, who supports this fake democrat right wing republican!

14 Likes

Another myth that was used going back to Ronnie the Raygun and his infamous black “welfare queen” driving around in a Cadillac. The fact is that the majority of people on welfare are white and they receive assistance for an average of 18 months to two years before leaving to resume their regular lives. Try and get THAT fact through the goddamn M$M. Our media, along with most of our politicians are a disgrace.

11 Likes

I AM a progressive and I will never vote for “Joltin’ Joe” Biden. We have been betrayed by both of these goddamn corporate parties. The Rethugs are just more overt.

7 Likes

Let’s put some icing on that Joe ByeDone cake, shall we?

6 Likes

The ‘ratio’ on the replies to that Tweet was enormous however. That is a good sign. Approximately 24 tweets deriding him and/or his ‘message’ to only 1 person who may have voiced support. That gives me some little bit of comfort.

2 Likes

You know, it just hit me like a brick. One has to wonder why they (the candidates) would be so brazen in their corruption. The centrist candidates are falling over themselves to lick the boots of the major donors (Insurance, Banking, AIPAC, etc.) even with all the negative media they receive in response. So, why on Earth would they knowingly allow the voters know how corrupt they are? Well, I’m wondering if our concern for election rigging and manipulation and theft of votes is worse than we can possibly imagine? What if, they KNOW a centrist will be our next candidate and they are now auditioning for the money and the position and because of the rigging, they don’t even care if we all know it?

8 Likes

If “Marcy” isn’t an actress, and in fact a real retired union worker, she learned nothing about unions during her career. Would love to know the union she’s a member of, perhaps the F**k You workers of America. But truthfully, I’m betting she’s a starving actress, that ole Joe threw a few coins to, do the ad.

2 Likes

What is it about the Democratic Party that they refuse to educate the American public? Do they think they can actually win with using ignorance? I am a life long Democrat and these people are pissing me off.

MEDICARE FOR ALL!

NO CARES - NO WORRIES. ONE PROGRAM. IT MEANS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ASK FOR PERMISSION TO HAVE A DOCTOR LOOK AT YOU. YOU WALK IN AND YOU WALK OUT FOR MEDICAL CARE. NO ONE HASSELS YOU. NO ONE TACKLES YOU AT THE DOOR FOR MONEY BEFORE A DOC SEES YOU. That used to be my job, I know because I was good at it.

10 Likes

Could the damit politicos be hoping that some of those who voted for the orange ogre might prefer this messenger over the present occupant of the WH?

Joe’s dough shows

2 Likes