Home | About | Donate

'A Message to Corporate CEOs Across the Country,' Says Sanders, After Wabtec Workers Claim Strike Victory

'A Message to Corporate CEOs Across the Country,' Says Sanders, After Wabtec Workers Claim Strike Victory

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

After union workers at a locomotive plant in Erie, Pennsylvania struck a 90-day deal with Wabtec Corporation late Wednesday—ending the largest manufacturing strike of the Trump era—Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said the victory "should send a message to corporate CEOs across the country."

1 Like

All CEO’s must have their “come to Jesus” moment about their greed.

My bet, most all never see Jesus.

They’re destiny takes them to a much warmer place.

Burning Hot in fact.

3 Likes

Victory!!! But we cannot let up now. Notice that the more the workers and others win, the more unhinged the rethugs become including their fearful leader Dump.

6 Likes

this will be the norm under a Sander’s administration. GO BERNIE!

7 Likes

They wouldn’t recognize Jesus if they ever did see him!

3 Likes

Corporate greed is facilitated by unjust laws enforcing austerity to support foreign wars that pay big bucks to corporatistas.

6 Likes

The d-party is having a sad.

The only candidate they have that can beat Trump is Bernie.

4 Likes

Jesus could be.a woman… Since no one ever saw Jesus, it could be anyone who could walk on water. He was Jewish… so we were told. From a Latinos’ standpoint, he could be Mexican, pronounced: Hey-Zeus.

2 Likes

It’s one thing to take on a locomotive company, try that with Heathcare, the Fossil Industry or Big Pharma…Now that is what I would call a big win, where Murderers are put behind bars. For Life!

5 Likes

“Who says organization, says oligarchy”.

The Iron Law of Oligarchy:

The answer:
Direct Democracy

1 Like

The jist of what i read would lead me to say " don’t trust this company one bit"

1 Like

. . . not to mention the ripping off of the customers of said korporations — especially by Big Banks,
Big Insurance and Big Pharma.

IIRC, “Robber Baron” Andrew Carnegie recommended that the compensation of the top executives of a corporation not exceed twenty to twenty-five times the compensation of the lowest-paid employees. The compensation of top executives of major korporations these days exceeds 600 times the compensation of average (not lowest-paid) employees.   “Obscene” is an understatement . . .

4 Likes

Regulating them is not enough.

Corporations have to be taken over by workers’ co-ops.

1 Like

I’ll second that motion!!

3 Likes

I bet they’d recognize him. And crucify him all over again.

1 Like

According to some Eastern religions Jesus was not male or female but a divine incarnation that was not identified with gender.

If they did recognize him they would no doubt hate him! Maybe Jesus knows this too! Can we blame him for staying away?

“I told the priest don’t count on any second coming,
God got his ass kicked the last time he came down here slummin’.”

h/t to Concrete Blonde

2 Likes