Home | About | Donate

A Modest Proposal to Prevent Sabotage by the Trump Regime

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/12/modest-proposal-prevent-sabotage-trump-regime

1 Like

What? “Don’t look back, look forward.” Saint Ronnie, Pappy Bush, W, Clinton, and even Barack could all have been prosecuted as war criminals. Donnie could be prosecuted as an old fashioned real estate fraudster, as well as for violation of the Emoluments Clause. It would take a massive, lengthy purge of many people in order to “clean up” the messes left since Nixon. I’m kidding; rake them all over the coals of justice. It’ll never happen, though.

3 Likes

Fortunately, Donnie is on the hook for crimes in the State of New York. Will he even show on 20 January 2021? Or will he be scooting off to a destination from which he cannot be snatched? That would seem to be more his style, if such a word can be applied to him. I would love for the history books to record IQ45 as the first president to wear an ankle bracelet while in office.

3 Likes

“Republican officials” DON’T “believe” anything delineated in Lofgren’s fourth paragraph, as the GOP dismantles Social Security, Medicare, FEMA, and other “domestic programs” applying their boiling frog strategy whereby the dismantling is gradual concurrent with the GOP blaming others for the dismantling. GOP defunding activities’ end game is to ELIMINATE “domestic programs” and channel all taxpayer money into corporate welfare, mostly benefiting the military industrial media infotainment complex (MIMIC).

GOP voters, like cult members everywhere, will always blame others while defending their leaders, even when they have lost everything and are fighting space to live under bridges.

3 Likes

All of the points Lofgren brings up need to be said loud and clearly to the public, yet so far silence for the most part from the democratic side of the aisle.
What about it “Team Biden”, you going to step-up and lead, or just allow the damage to the country to continue, by remaining silent?

3 Likes

“If the Nuremberg laws were applied, then every post-war [WW II] American president would have been hanged.” - Noam Chomsky

4 Likes

I agree with that quote by Noam but I wonder if that quote by Chomsky includes JFK?

Yes, it does. Chomsky was critical of JFK, the liberal Cold Warrior who increased the previous (Eisenhower) administration’s involvement in South Vietnam as well as of JFK’s increased involvement in Africa.

Thank you.