Home | About | Donate

'A National Embarrassment': Police Use-of-Force Stats Reveal Roadblocks to Reform

'A National Embarrassment': Police Use-of-Force Stats Reveal Roadblocks to Reform

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

As protests continue highlighting the widespread scourge of police brutality and anti-black racism in the U.S., the Department of Justice quietly released a survey on national use-of-force statistics that reveal a twofold dilemma: law enforcement agencies are ineffective at collecting such data—and the lack of such information, in turn, may hamper federal efforts at reforming the police.

It's seems there is sufficient hw/sw to share criminal information between departments. Why not just use the same databases. I mean we are tracking police Criminal Behavior

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I hear what you are saying.
However, when was it ever voluntary for law officials to track criminal activity.

It;'s LONG OVERDUE to NOT just go with the same old CORPORATE Democrat (yes, I:m talking about HILLARY CLINTON). Falling for the slur that ACTUAL progressives are "un-electable" is to actually THROW AWAY OUR VOTES on those who sell us out! I plan to vote for BERNIE SANDERS in the Democratic Caucus (in MN) & am putting money & time into GREEN PARTY's Dr. JILL STEIN. Under NO circumstance will I vote for HIllary Clinton--on almost EVERY issue she & her husband were CORPORATE, WALL St. backed & HURT people of color, the poor, working -class and GLBT people. For those who slam me with "so, you'd "help elect a Repbulican", youur reading comprehnsion is bad: I said I am supporting Bernie Sanders (D) & Dr.JIll Stein (Green). I am NOT doing any work or giving any money to any Republican. It's a GROSS insult to ACTUAL "democracy" to act as if a person's vote is

NO political party OWNS the vote. EACH voter OWNS their own vote.

We aren't even impressive in the wars we start against smaller countries. We lost Viet Nam, Iraq, Afganistan, Somolia, etc. We spend more than all of the nations of the world combited and still lose. Now the neocons in Washington are trying to pick a fight with Russia, China, and Iran simultaneously? What are these fools trying to do? Commit suicide?