Home | About | Donate

A New Wave of Climate Insurgents Defines Itself as Law-Enforcers

40 million adults could elect the next president.

That is quite bizarre, isn't it? I mean, if only Bernie would dump the Democrats and go independent. Barring that, Jill Stein? Hello? 40 million people ready to hit the barricades!?

Of course, more people are probably willing to be arrested than to vote their conscience in our sham elections...

"One in six Americans say they would personally engage in nonviolent civil disobedience against corporate or government activities that make global warming worse"

That's the wrong questions to ask. Are one in six Americans willing to take the trains instead of flying from Phoenix to Nebraska to see grandma? Are one in six Americans willing to skip their summer vacation trip to cut down emissions from their vehicle? Are one in six Americans willing to ride to work with their neighbor?

If we actually had train service and thus the choice between a plane and a train I expect the majority would prefer the train over the plane

Maglev ibullet trains are a viable alternative to planes but then we don't have any of those do we?
American know how doesn't know how anymore?

We have a choice. However, the US and Canada are not Europe. You can drive from Paris to Venice in 11 hours (been there, done that, took a flight back the other way). I drove from Dallas for 10 hours and barely made it to the NM border in 9 hours. Certain modes of transportation are suited for certain environments.

Dense East coast and West coast areas have train service. I guess one could take the train from San Diego to San Francisco, but Southwest gets you there in 1 hour or less for about $100.

Also, good luck laying railroad tracks in the US. You hit some endangered dung beetle habitat, your tracks stop there. Plus, you know what they say: "A mile of railroad or highway takes you one mile, a mile of runway takes you anywhere in the world."

Yep, 40 million write-in votes for Bernie Sanders would do it. Who needs national party conventions anyway?