Home | About | Donate

A 'No-Brainer': Anti-Nuclear Movement Urges Trump to Accept Putin Offer to Renew START Treaty

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/06/no-brainer-anti-nuclear-movement-urges-trump-accept-putin-offer-renew-start-treaty

3 Likes

Another test of sanity.

1 Like

How dare you call Our Pwesident a no-brainer?
/s

3 Likes

If it’s a No-Brainer, Trump definitely qualifies.

However, if he agrees to START, that’s billions of dollars he wouldn’t be able to siphon some off of.

1 Like

I hereby label that photo accompanying this article “dopefiend.”

Because I see a dope and a fiend.

1 Like

Is anyone in Congress besides Bernie urging the shithead in chief"? I doubt any Repubs are.

3 Likes

Nuclear wars are good, and easy to win. Or, maybe that was trade wars. Whatever.

4 Likes

Great picture of two evil men. The only difference is the one on the right is much smarter (in an evil way) and thinks the other one is a bafoon. And the stupid bafoon on the left worships the smart little Russian. The world would be a much better place if both were in prison where they belong.

Go ahead donnie jon, sign that thing and make the CIA and the other criminal war mongers angry!

2 Likes

Maybe in cartoons. msm that is.

Unfortunately we have a “no brainer” in the White House.

2 Likes

Whatever you might think of Putin, he has consistently supported nuclear sanity.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, back on planet earth…

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-signs-defence-agreement-south-140554626.html

No profit in being the potentate of an ash pit.

1 Like

Many of these comments disturb me: lots of slurs, name calling and finger pointing, very much like the snarky behavior in a middle school cafeteria… except the subject is a proposed nuclear freeze which could help alleviate the hair trigger tension our planet faces with the recent escalation of U.S. pressure on Russia’s borders. Two points–

1. Russia’s military budget is a fraction of the U.S. military budget. Stop pointing the finger at them (“Putin”) and focus on pressuring our representatives to freeze the nuclear arms race.
  2. I will bet that the commenters who demonize both Putin and Trump are daily/nightly watchers of MSNBC and/or CNN. If you are, your first step toward sobriety and eventually mental clarity is to stop. cold turkey. No more Rachel Maddow. Next step, eliminate the New York Times, Washington Post, the Economist and other neoliberal/neocon mouthpieces.
    I have a whole list of names and programs if you’re sincere about getting better, more truthful information about what is happening but the first step is to admit you are an addict to a toxic substance and then to stop.
1 Like

The United States invents its enemies to support the military industrial complex. Signing such a treaty would cut into the profits of the complex and whatever new malfunctioning machinery and aircraft they are developing. It makes sense to forge such an agreement. Profits over people.

1 Like