Home | About | Donate

'A Perfect Choice': Progressives Applaud Biden Pick of Deb Haaland for Interior Secretary

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/17/perfect-choice-progressives-applaud-biden-pick-deb-haaland-interior-secretary

8 Likes

This is a HUGE improvement over that shameless whore who is fucking up the Interior Dept. and what is left of our outdoors, Ryan Zinke, just another of Trumpo the Klown’s appalling “best people” that would be in in his regime. Still waiting to see who will become the head of the EPA. I used to work for EPA and I wouldn’t have gone back if they begged me after the last 4 years. As usual the Trump assholes’ Prime Directive was to destroy the very agencies they “led”.
At last the shit stain of Trump is finally coming to a close. Unfortunately, we now have to deal with “Trumpism” which has disgraced our country.

11 Likes

YES! Thanks Joe Biden----but Thank you GAIA, because the planet can see who is in her corner! An indigenous woman with LAND in her name as in HaaLAND, YOU CAN’T GET BETTER THAN THAT!
AND a big F U to that awful president Andrew Jackson, who said the Indigenous people’s land would be respected and protected ,"…as long as grass grows and rivers run." HA, you stupid president Jackson----NOW that Ms Haaland is here, she will fulfill the empty promises of that awful President Jackson : )

9 Likes

I think Haaland is a great pick. The only concern I have is how tight the House majority will be to start the new Congress. A Covid infection or two and the gavel will pass to Republicans. Either way, this was a great choice.

3 Likes

Small wonder that the portrait of Jackson is what Trumpo the Traitor chose to hang in the Oval Office. I suggest that when BIden moves in that he replace that racist asshole with a portrait of FDR and then try and live up to his promise.

11 Likes

Yes, no wonder Andrew Jackson is Trump’s favorite president another liar in chief!

I give accolades to Biden for a good choice.

4 Likes

Hopefully the Trump Christmas party will take care of that concern.

5 Likes

Well, I know it will come as a complete ‘shock’ to those reading this , but this appointment will not hold. There will be forces who will sabotage it and she will not be in the office. I could be wrong , but my sources say this wont hold.

And alongside it, a portrait of John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

3 Likes

And now we have one hell of a shit show to clean up!

2 Likes

This is an interesting situation since Representative Haaland will be allowed to keep her house seat until she is confirmed by the Senate. If the Democrats take the Senate then the confirmation can be timed to minimize how long her House seat is vacant. If the Republicans keep the Senate - McConnell will likely time the hearings to maximize the length of the House vacancy.

3 Likes

Congratulations Ms. Haaland.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize this. Given how tight the House margins will be, I guess that adds to the importance of those Georgia Senate seats. Her seat looks like a decently lean Democratic one (+7 D in Cook), but I read that it’s swingy, maybe because Trump gained votes in some counties?

1 Like

WOW, fantastic change we can all believe in.

3 Likes

The entire world ought to return to the lifestyle of native Americans who for thousands of years didn’t destroy one square foot of nature. Compare that to the European immigrants who looted America like the barbarians that they were.

8 Likes

This has been the single most important reason I despised and loathed Trump. He is a criminal to the core.

1 Like

What do you mean “were”?

5 Likes

Con. Haaland’s and the Biden Adm.'s first executive action should be to begin the unwinding of the Trump Adm.'s illegal dealings regarding the Bears Ears National Monument. Trumpster and his lackeys shrunk its original designated area by 85%. What an insult to Native Americans! Another dubious American broken record, of sorts, and a desecration of the sacred and vitally historic, undoubtedly.
Shameless, sick greed with an overdose of payback doesn’t even cut it in describing this action. However Obama may have slighted and demeaned The Orange One. Native Americans shouldn’t be made to pay for that.
The Democratic Party, now represented by Joe Biden & Co., must hang " all in " here for Con. Haaland’s appt. as Interior Secratary. It’s the best beginning I can think of for convicting the louts in the court of public opinion.

7 Likes

Okay you’re right they still are

1 Like

I’m sure all of the viable candidates are gearing up for their run right now. Note that in this kind of race there will be no primary and the N.M. state parties will make the decision on the candidates. Amongst the Democrats I presume the primary candidates from 2018 when this was an open seat will have the upper hand including State Senator Antoinette Lopez (a progressive candidate) and Damon Martinez (supported by veterans groups).

2 Likes