Home | About | Donate

A Secret War in 135 Countries

A Secret War in 135 Countries

Nick Turse

You can find them in dusty, sunbaked badlands, moist tropical forests, and the salty spray of third-world littorals.

The supreme arrogance of the the world's hegemon only because of superior weaponry. Without the bullying tactics and bribing of locals to be called ' allies' ,we , the U.S. would have no earthly reason to be anywhere on the globe. Fabricating ' enemies' is what the Pentagon does best. Commies,Al Queda, Taliban, ISIS...what next Martians ! If the $$$ trail was transparent,most contractors would be in prison. Think of the quality of life in the U.S. if the trillions was not wasted on killing people around the world.

Thank you, wlawlor, for your comments. You articulate my outrage.

Likes to all 3 comments. My only correction would be to make the truth apparent and accessible to everyone.

"Fabricating enemies is what the Pentagon does best."

BINGO!

Boom goes London and boom Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
You'll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now

Randy Newman

Conventional forces are supposedly slated for a scaledown by 2017, reducing the overall size of the military. Obsolete weaponry and its operators is supposedly being mothballed. The first thing which came to my mind in all of this, considering the escalation in Europe and expanding missions in Africa, and the "Asian Pivot" is more SOF!
How can areas of operations be protracting while conventional forces are contracting in number?
The secrecy is what gets me here. I wish there were more Chelsea Mannings out there. When they can hide behind this level of secrecy there is little to no accounting for what they can do.
Secrecy - such as not revealing to a passenger why they are on the no-fly list, or the DoJ withholding (pre-trial) documents that would assist the defense of Assange and Wikileaks and a whole plethora of other "for reasons of national security" not only allows a runaway executive branch and its MIC get away with untold crime and corruption, it is a telltale warning to us all. (GTMO is another glaring example.) This is a hallmark of the totalitarian state.
Those demanding transparency are the torchbearers for preserving what freedoms we have left, and people like Assange, Manning, Snowden, and others are its heroes.

P.S. SOFs were in Africa last year during the Ebola outbreak.
And kudos to Turse for attempting to shed some light on this shadowy world of black ops.

How nice to see that the USA is countering the Russian threat in135 countries.

This abuse and crime will not end until the USA lies bankrupt and divided. Like the Soviet Union it is spending itself into oblivion with its war and repression. The sooner it lies down and dies the better for humanity and the planet.