Home | About | Donate

A Soldier and His Dog Come Home for the Last Time

A Soldier and His Dog Come Home for the Last Time

Peter Van Buren

There are two ways to look at the video below, and they are both right. It shows the remains of a soldier and his K-9 coming home for the last time from Afghanistan. The circumstances of their deaths are unknown.

One Way

And here we are, so involved in the election IDIOCY that the regulars here on CD can't be bothered to read or realize that our children are dying for no reason, or that NOT ONE of the establishment candidates have any intention of ending any of these killer wars. A pox on all the wars and all the candidates that have said NOTHING about getting out of them!

Thanks Mr. Van Buren, a heart wrenching piece. There was a time when the Chickenhawks banned filming the bodies returning to Dover, must not upset the populace with such unpleasantries. George Bush, Barack Obama, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Robert Kagan, and the Kaganate of Nuland, et. al., should be there greeting the bodies and asking for forgiveness.

Wolfess, I clicked the wrong "Reply", sorry.

I think one of the reasons why the American public was finally able to demand an end to the war in Vietnam was that we saw (from our television sets) the carnage and awful reality of war on a daily basis. We didn't have to experience it first hand, but we did see what was happening. I grew up watching the televised Vietnam war and it forever instilled in me a hatred of war and bullying. Remember what the so called media coverage of George W.'s war in Iraq and Afghanistan looked like? It was promoted like a block buster movie, full of nauseating chauvinism and twisted glory, with the "shock and awe" looking like a fireworks display and news anchors giving a play by play. We never saw children being blown to bits or our soldiers dying, we didn't have to feel the shame of displacing hundreds of thousands of innocents while we obliterated every thing they knew of their lives. It's pretty stunning to think about how little the wars we wage affect us people back home -- we have no concept of the abject misery we inflict on people around the world. Which is probably why our military industrial complex has grown so huge and we seem to not be bothered by endless war.

Or better yet, all those slime balls should be in those body bags!

Human beings have been slaughtering each other since the beginning of recorded history,
and one of the greatest enablers of this butchery has been the mindless thrall of Patriotism.
For so many in this world, whatever the country, when the emotion of patriotism is aroused,
all rationality seems to fly out the window, and off we go to kill and to die for the homeland,
usually as a pawn of an indifferent government with a hidden agenda, and a military industrial
complex that makes vast profits from endless warfare. These people don';t give a shit about
the dead.

Bottom line.....if you don't want to come home in a body bag, or a limbless, psychological
cripple to be treated with indifference by your government....Don't sign up in the first place.

"There are two ways to look at the video below, and they are both right. It shows the remains of a soldier and his K-9 coming home for the last time from Afghanistan. The circumstances of their deaths are unknown."

There's actually also a third way of looking at the video, but it requires reading its introduction, which states that
"...The truth is, the first fallen coming off the aircraft, covered in the U.S. Flag is a soldier missing over 63 years from the Korean War who was identified and was being returned to his family, the second and smaller box was actually additional bone fragments of a soldier who was already sent home and buried, they were to go and be interned with that soldier."

Let me state that as a Vietnam combat veteran indeed 'a pox on all wars'. And...a pox on shameless finger pointers who act as if wars just appear from a vacuum. Let me tell you something, 'wolfess', before empire builders created their empires they had to control their own back yards. Whether its Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar or the empire builders of the USA. The freedoms you and I have didn't come from Mt. Rushmore. It came from the population itself. And their biggest enemy came from fellow American citizens....as it still does today. Here and every other place that promotes packaged chauvinism to get their population's consent.

I don't like packaged emotions. They're as false and emply as all public relations and mind control, shaping the public's psyche, in effect eviscerating free will. If you can view that video and sound track and with a broken heart proceed to fire comments of frustration blindly in all directions, then congratulations, you just responded in the 'proper' way that propagnada intended. And that intention stamps the imprimatur of moral legitimacy to wars. Wars don't come from a vacuum!!! That 'election IDIOCY', that link to what is or isn't a democratic process is very much connected to wars...wars of all type. With and against people of all type.

You want to honor those dead souls of military actions, then fight. We all have to be soldiers. Stop saturating yourself and everyone else with you blubbering frustration. Those dead souls are owed that much. Damn it.

Yes, cry over dead USAian soldiers. But what about all the other dead who are not USAian soldiers? Merely collateral damage and body-count, no worries.

" It shows the remains of a soldier and his K-9 coming home for the last time from Afghanistan. "

Well, NOT EXACTLY.
The description posted with the video says that the "soldier and his K-9" are actually "a soldier missing over 63 years from the Korean War" and " bone fragments of a soldier who was already sent home and buried ".