Home | About | Donate

'A Tale of Two Retirements': New Report Blasts Rigged Rules That Favor Corporate Execs

'A Tale of Two Retirements': New Report Blasts Rigged Rules That Favor Corporate Execs

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Imagine a retirement account worth over $49.3 million.

For 100 Fortune 500 CEOs, it's no dream—it's their average retirement nest egg, according to a report, A Tale of Two Retirements, released Wednesday by the Center for Effective Government and the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS).

Underscoring the nation's inequality, the CEOs' retirement assets together total $4.9 billion, the same amount as that held by 50 million families—41 percent of American families—combined.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

And you can be sure that these brigands will expect their monthly SS retirement checks (pin money) in addition to their $1.3 mil monthly stipend. And they will also use Medicare for their prescriptions and annual physical exams (performed by their on-staff physician, of course). The stink is overwhelming.

With only a 16 grand per month taxpayer funded retirement check to look forward to, no wonder Obama pushed his ACA so hard and is pushing even harder for TTP, TTIP and the other moving target acronyms that will give him the post white house 8 figure annual corporate speaking fee income that Bill Clinton ($17 million in 2013 alone) has enjoyed since 2001.

500,000$ a month?

And what the fuck do you spend that on?

That's a lot of Coke, I suppose. Must need the money for nose reconstruction surgery, I suppose.

I'd not turn it down, if offered. But I think my Freedom 55 plan will work out too.

My retirement plan is to ignore the chest pains. urk. Nope, not retired yet.

Back when I was an executive I had paid parking under my building in downtown Houston. This was in the early 1990's. The amount was $140.00 for the parking paid by my company which was a lot of money back then. Paid parking is tax free, but the lower level people who got "free" bus tickets had to pay income tax on the cost of the bus passes.

Feel sorry for me, I have to get up a 9:00 am every Friday because the maid comes to my house to clean then. You don't understand what a sacrifice I have to make to let someone else clean my house.

Heck, The CEO's are bad enough. The problem is really the almost closed club of the "Elite" in business, government, academia, non profits, unions, ect. None of them have any idea or care what the other 99% under them are struggling with. And all of them are "rich".